Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to TF. I have been poring over Nourishing Traditions and I just started getting Kerry Ann's mailer (and I LOVE it, by the way). I am also embarking on an ambition to do the 100 mile diet with my family- basically we're just trying to eat as locally as possible.

My question for you is, do you take vitamins? Which ones and how much, if you do? I'm trying to figure out what would be best for my family in the vitamin department and what would be most aligned with our new TF goals.

Our family is me- a 29 year old nursing mama, my DP, a 30 year old male, our DS1 who is 21 months old and our DS2 who is 1 month old. Thanks in advance for your advice!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
We generally do not take vitamins, though I keep sodium ascorbate around for sickness. We do take CLO for EFAs and vit A and D; daily probiotic because, due to our food sensitivities, it's hard for us to eat fermented foods; and blackstrap molasses for minerals. We also add a liquid mineral supplement (called ConcenTrace, which is 100% concentrated trace minerals from the Salt Lake area) to our water to remineralize it (we use a R/O filter for our drinking water).

I am pregnant right now and am also taking dessicated liver tablets and eating lots of nutritional yeast to keep up with my B vitamins.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
My children and I take Vitamin C in the form of sodium ascorbate daily, more in the winter, and I also take Dolomite powder (magnesium, calcium, and iron) on a daily basis. My kids will ocassionally get a glass of natural calm (magnesium). But I just started this regimen about 2 weeks ago.

I would also like to start taking CLO and probiotics again but money does not permit right now.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.