Votes: 39 21.7%
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't
:

I mean formula tastes gross I'm sure, and I'll be breastfeeding my daughter until she's ready to quit, but I tasted it and ... well yuck

I'm grateful DD likes it but I do wonder why!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I tasted some before I thought it was ok. But of course I am not suppose to love it I am too old LOL as long as baby likes it thats cool.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I don't feed my kids anything I won't eat or at least try.
So I've tasted my milk before to me it's sweet I compare it to cantalope.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
I think mine tastes like melted ice cream or cow's milk after it has soaked in sweet cereal. No wonder ds likes it so much!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Mine is tasty! Like milk after you had
: frosted flakes. I haven't tasted it lately, tho (IMO its for babies).
I remember my mom letting me taste a drop after my brother was born, I was about 4. I had 2 years of nursing, but asked her why the baby liked it.

·
Banned
1,288 Posts
Everyone says it tastes sweet, but mine tasted *salty*. Ew. I tasted it straight from the tap too (yeah, they're that droopy, I can drink from my own tap
). Maybe it was just that day. Maybe I was on my period or something. I didn't like it at all. I'm used to cold cow's milk though. I'm sure I loved it when I was little. I nursed for 2 1/2 years.

My dad told me he tried bm once and he "wasn't impressed".

Oh, but it *is* better than formula. At least my bm didn't make me gag and swear I'd never feed it to my kids.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Breastmilk tastes okay to me. But I've tried formula and BLECH!!!!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
I second the frosted falkes analogy. lol

I tried mine out of a bottle fomr the fridge so it was cold. I don't know how I would like it warm.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
I never tasted it but i just always hear it tastes like the milk that's left over in a cereal bowl when you finish the cereal.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I think it taste great. Yes, its sweet. Perfect for my dd

I can't beleive more didn't vote Mmm..yummy
I am just crazy though

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Eh..not a huge fan (though apparently I was, because I BF until I was three). It tastes like goat's milk to me (with a whole lotta sugar), and I'm not a huge goat's milk fan.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
yummy

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've tasted mine with both kids, and the taste changed depending on what I ate. And I have to agree, formula is NASTY! When I had my first son, I had a bottle of formula along for a trip just in case, because I hadn't mastered the whole BF in public yet. I tried to give it to him and he launched it across the room. I never even bothered to try again after that. I just got the hang of breastfeeding wherever I was at using my Maya Wrap. I would just sling my son, latch him on, throw the tail over my him and my shoulder...bam, no one was the wiser.

·
Registered
667 Posts
It's not bad. It's not something I would want to drink, but if it was the only thing available (and I drink a lot of water, so if no water was available - eeks) - then I would drink it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I agree with the very sweet, almost like the milk left over from sugared cereal. I tried it cold though, so I'm not sure of what it would be like warm. Just the thought of warm milk makes me gaggy!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'll admit - I voted "no, blech". To me, it tastes like the milk that is leftover in the bowl after eating something sugary like Frosted Flakes. I've never liked that particular taste, but some people do. My DD sure must like it, though!

ETA: Gosh, I should have read the other replies first. Good to know I'm not the only one who feels that way!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts