Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...my fundal measurements were pretty much right on up until about 26 weeks or so. In fact, I was feeling HUGE and I was much bigger than I was with DD (still kinda am, I guess) up until then, despite gaining less weight so far (well, but about 5 lbs or so). Anyway...my last appt. with my MW, at 29 weeks (2 weeks ago), I was only measuring about 26-27 weeks...the first time I've really measured behind at all. I figured this, because I'd measure myself a couple times in the week prior to that and had similar results. Well, I just measured myself tonight and still get around 27 weeks (I'm almost 31 weeks).<br><br>
My midwife wasn't concerned at my appointment, but at this point I'm getting to be. I also haven't gained much weight in the past 4 weeks (I've sort of plateaued). I'm hoping my FIL will schedule me an u/s for next week (that was my compromise for a homebirth/UC with DH) and hopefully that'll give me some answers. But do you think I need to be worried? Other than measuring and my current weight situation, baby moves like crazy (same as always, and same as DD...constant- LITERALLY!- movement!), so that's a good sign I guess.<br><br>
ETA- is there anything I can do at this point (not knowing) just in case? Dietary changes or anything? I've been eating healthy (but probably snacking more than I should over the past week or two...but wouldn't that lead me in the OPPOSITE direction?) and exercising as much as I can.<br><br>
ETA again- my DD was born after my DD and weighed 7 lbs 5 oz, but I always measured right on with her, despite the fact that I'm tall (5'8") and carry really low. I'm carrying this one low, too, but could s/he already be VERY low in my pelvis? All my kicks are mostly around belly button height (and baby has been head down since about 26 weeks).

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
i would not worry yet. it's only 2 weeks and you're not that far behind. i measured small for awhile and i was at a big risk for IUGR because of elevated bp and at risk for pre-e (which i ended up having) and my doctor wasn't overly concerned ( i did have to go in for several ultrasounds as i progressed) anyway, i wouldn't start worrying unless you start consistantly measuring small over several weeks. your LO may be resting and could very well have a growth spurt very soon.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply! I think the part that throws me off is the slow in weight gain in correlation with the consistenly measuring behind for the last month or so (and the measurements themselves not really going up). I think I'm going to check myself in the shower today and see where I can feel his/her head. With DD I carried so low that she dropped and pretty much engaged by 32 weeks (causing me to lose a gihugic chunk of my plug), and all the while I never "felt" her in there, so maybe I just have a wide pelvis or something and baby is down there pretty far and I just can't feel it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts