Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here's a question for you:

Usually when I get on MDC (once a day or every other day) I sit in my recliner with my laptop on my lap. Do you think this may be dangerous to the baby? I know you're not supposed to stand too close to a microwave, but I've never heard anything about laptop computers. Should I sit at my table with the computer off my body???

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With my first pregnancy I had a desktop, so I sat in a chair away from the computer part... Just wondering if I'm harming my baby by getting on MDC! I'm trying to keep it away from my belly, and more on my lap, but I don't know if there are any "rays" or something like that...

Anyone, anyone?

·
Premium Member
24,385 Posts
The only thing I have ever heard is about the heat. Men shouldn't put laptops directly on their laps (without a lap desk or something) because the heat will cook their sperm.

Since the screens aren't the big old CRTs anymore, I don't think they are particularrly harmful.

(Sorry for butting in - dh is a computer guy...I am no where near pregnant - but computers I know.
)

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
According to the handout my MW gave me from MotherRisk, your laptop is not dangerous. Neither is the regular monitor on a home computer, a television set or a standard modern microwave.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts