Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out the ideal simple stash here...
If I have 4x8x4 infant prefolds and then 4x8x4 premium prefolds (some of which have been trimmed an inch or two in the rise) is that enough? Is that 4x6x4 regular size necessary?

Plus I noticed NIcki's diapers has a 2x5x2 "standard regular" that is supposed to fit 10-20 lb. Anyone try that one? How's the absorbency?

I don't want a ton of extra diapers around here (defeats the purpose of my simplification!) but I also don't want to be in a situation where infants are too small but premiums are too big, KWIM?

·
Registered
534 Posts
I like mine. I am sure they wouldn't be absolutley needed if you are going for simplifying. You can just fold down the back or the front of the premiums. At first I only ordered the premiums and the infants and when she started to get to big for the infants I tried to fold down the premiums and they were HUGE!! Folded to fit they were SOOO bulky she could lay on her side and her one leg would be sticking out and not be able to meet the other leg or touch the floor. It was too frustrating for her so I went ahead and ordered the ones in the middle. the 4x6x4 indian prefolds. They do okay for her. If you do get those and they appear to be a little thin you could add a cotton/hemp or other smaller diaper doubler. That is what I do if I think she needs it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts