Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have included soap samples, lotion samples, washies, and even pencils (with my biz name on them lol) with my orders. I always love getting little extras from WAHMs and wonder if others use them too?
I feel bad sometimes when it's something I don't really use, like I got an order from Colleen at Natural Babies (like the next day) and I got a little thing of Burt's Bees baby powder, which I don't use! But I want to keep it anyway cause it's so cute LOL

·
Registered
946 Posts
I use them..
But, Jennifer used to send out soap samples with snap orders.. I used them all up execpt I saved ONE, LOL cause I liked the smell of them so much, LOL

Liz

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I've never meet a freebie I didn't like! I think I mostly get cute wipes, which is GREAT! I love the Burt's Bees stuff Colleen sends too! Last time I got tomato face soap - the whole package smelled SOO good!

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
...only the ones that don't stain my diapers,

Yeah, I've mainly only been given washies/wipes and those I can always use more of. Regardless of whether or not I'll use it, I still think it is such a nice and fun gesture!

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
I use some. I almost always use the free wipes; in fact, I have never actually bought wipes, yet I have over 25. I don't usually use the soaps though. I would definitely use a pencil though.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
The only thing I don't use is the super small wipes I've received before. They are like half size. I like wipes that are no smaller than about 7x7. Any smaller is just annoying.
But I do appreciate any freebies. I Especially like the products, like Burts or little chips of home-made soap. I got this one chip of soap one time.... it smelled sooo good, like cinnamon. It was in a little plastic sleeve with a printed label to tape it shut. I layed it on a stack of guest towells when a friend house sat for us. I think she enjoyed it.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
I use it all! I have some really neat stuff from Cuddlewahms and some really cool things from other wahms, I never give the freebees away either because it is a gift to me and I just like to hang onto it and use it ya know.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Most everything...I have a ton of gorgeous wipes, I like the half-size b/c they fit in my travel case. I have a few which are micro tiny that I did not use much. I have never used the soaps b/c we use liquid, but just yesterday I found some again (I keep everything), and they smell so yummy so I pulled them out.

I just got a pen from diaperfrenzy and I love it! I'm a pen-snob, it's got to write smoothly, and this one does.

A couple of times I got wipes to match the diaper I ordered...that was cute.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I have gotten samples of wool wash sensi clean wipes...... Love the wipes soaps and tons of burts bees from colleen..... I once got a bumkin bib from colleen........ I use that all the time......

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've used most of the things I've got. I like getting wipes, it's neat to have different prints and fabrics. I haven't used some of the diaper cream samples I've recieved, because DS has sensitive skin and creams usually make the probelm worse. I pass those along to other people though, rather than let them go to waste.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
I think it's a nice gesture but I hate clutter and mostly I pass them on. I recently got a freebie wipe from sugarbums that was so cute I couldn't bring myself to use it for cleaning poo.

I think it's a nice way for WAHMs to encourage repeat customers and advertize their products but I'd imagine that the cost of the freebies are ultimately being passed on (obviously indirectly) to the customer and personally I'd rather get a dollar off shipping than a free wipe or soap that I may or may not use.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Depends on what it is. I Fling Boogied some baby bar soap samples yesterday. I just don't use soap on my babies. I also tossed a Burts Bees lotion sample. I have a diaper salve sample that I've tried, but I'm not overly thrilled with. Haven't decided whether to keep that one or toss it quite yet. (I don't hate it, I just don't like it as much as my Weleda creams.) I absolutely LOVE the cute washie I got with my most recent Darling Diapers order. So much so that I ordered a bunch more of them last week!

I love getting freebies (especially ones I'll use), but I don't have any qualms with tossing ones that I don't want/need.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I Looove freebies! I have gotten a lot of great ones that I use a lot. From Natural Babies I have gotten 3 Bumkins bibs , some kissaluvs wipes, lots of Burts Bees samples, fuzzi bunz burp cloth,and a deodisc....I think thats it. I have gotten tons of wipes from different WAHM's so many that I have yet to buy any. I just got a wipe from Little Lounging Lizard that is a great size and is hemp on one side and organic flannel on the other. It's my fave! I'm definitely going to order some!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
"I have never used the soaps b/c we use liquid"

I use liquid soap too, but I LOVE Tami's soaps. What I do is cut up 1/4 of the bar and put it in an old dr bronner's castile soap bottle, then fill it with water. I let it sit for a few days (shaking it like once a day) and I have liquid soap!
You should try it, it's cool cause you can use the yummy wahm soaps but still use liquid too

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.