Mothering Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm sorry for your losses and I hope this pregnancy works out for you!

I'm kinda hoping for a boy, my husband has two girls from a previous marriage, and I think he'd like a boy. But for the most part we would be more than overjoyed for either or.

·
Registered
244 Posts
We always said we wanted another boy. We have one 2 year old son; our only child. We think it would be so much fun to have two, and it would make room sharing and passing down clothes easy. But picturing a little girl is fun and exciting too, so really we will be happy either way. No disapointments!

We are also trying to decide if we want to find out at 20 weeks, or at the birth. I am having such a hard time deciding!

·
Registered
459 Posts
It would be easier if we had another girl. We have a 2 bedroom house so in 5 or 6 years sleeping arrangements could be an issue if we have a boy. We have lofty plans to turn the attic into a master suite, but that will be pricey!
But we'd be happy with either.
We found out last time but kept it a secret to avoid getting all pink sparkly stuff. We'll likely find out again and keep it a surprise for everyone else. It helps us with choosing a name.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We have 3 boys and have found out with each of them, mostly because we are terrible at picking a name and needed to just focus on one gender. I have always Really wanted a girl -I just always imagined being a mom of a girl. But let me clarify, that is Not why we are having another (I get comments in the grocery store all the time about maybe next time you'll get a girl, or whew, girls would be so much easier then my cart full of boys -why do people think its ok to say that in front of my kids!?!). I love my little guys beyond words and now after 6 years of boy stuff I find myself wondering what I would do with a girl! Ha! But the boys have always asked for a sister (DS1 has told me since he was 2 and I was pregnant with DS2 that there was a sister in my tummy and he would wait till she came out). I think I will be thrilled if its a girl and a bit scared, and I will be relieved and a bit emotional if its a boy!

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Also had a painful loss and hoping for either. My daughter says she wants a sister but I know she will be happy with either.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
We have 3 boys and have found out with each of them, mostly because we are terrible at picking a name and needed to just focus on one gender. I have always Really wanted a girl -I just always imagined being a mom of a girl. But let me clarify, that is Not why we are having another (I get comments in the grocery store all the time about maybe next time you'll get a girl, or whew, girls would be so much easier then my cart full of boys -why do people think its ok to say that in front of my kids!?!). I love my little guys beyond words and now after 6 years of boy stuff I find myself wondering what I would do with a girl! Ha! But the boys have always asked for a sister (DS1 has told me since he was 2 and I was pregnant with DS2 that there was a sister in my tummy and he would wait till she came out). I think I will be thrilled if its a girl and a bit scared, and I will be relieved and a bit emotional if its a boy!
We got a lot of the same comments about my daughter. I don't get it. All kids are different. Sweeping generalizations suck.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Tbh i want both lol. This is probably our last and i would like one more of each. I have a boy and girl and dh has 2 girls so logically we would want a boy if we had to choose. I think it may be a boy, But i would love another girl.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I don't have a strong preference, but after two girls, my husband is yearning for a son :) I'd like to see that happen, too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We would love a boy but either gender will do! We're having 3 or 4 kids so we'll have at least one more chance at a boy (right now we have 1 girl). We wait for the ultimate gender reveal: birth ;) I don't do routine ultrasounds, including Doppler use or efm during labor (fetoscope only for me!) so we won't have a 20 week scan in which to find out.

·
Registered
516 Posts
After an early ultrasound today it strongly looks like we are having boy #4 !! I am excited to have 4 boys but DH is pretty upset.

·
Registered
65 Posts
we're hoping for a girl. Even my oldest wants a sister. Won't know for sure til June 14th but I have an inkling it's another boy, since boys run on hubby's side of the family something fierce. I might just give up hope of ever having a girl.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts