Mothering Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Do wash your child's face?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I wonder if I under wash DD face. We wipe (occ with soap) after messy eating. I osometimes wash with soap in her nighttime shower. Other than that I just rinse with water.</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
386 Posts
<p>Only when visually dirty. and not that often with soap. Of course if she touches something bad for her and touches her face I'll wash it ( like cat litter...eeeewwwww)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I don't really think it's good to wash with soap very often, since it can change how your body regulates it oil producing glands.</p>

·
Registered
613 Posts
<p>I think I've only washed my 3 yo dd's face with soap once in her whole life (she had pen on her face). Otherwise I wash it in the shower with a washcloth and plain water, or sometimes with a natural baby wipe. I do wash her hands/body with soap however.</p>

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
<p>Not really, I just use water and I don't think I've ever used soap. That being said, DS is turning into a messy kid so he knows how to "assume the position" and get a wipe down from me or DH.</p>

·
Registered
999 Posts
I just wash him with water. I don't even use soap on my own face - it just causes problems.

·
Registered
900 Posts
<p>Most of the time, just plain water.</p>

·
Registered
66 Posts
<p>I only use soap on her face (and body) if she's been eating something with oils in it- like pesto, in which case it's everywhere! Or pen that isn't easily removed. Otherwise, just water.</p>

·
Registered
317 Posts
<p>I have occasionally used a baby wipe on his face, but other then that we just use water and friction from the washcloth.  I'd rather there be some dirt on his chin, than soap in his mouth or eyes.  We do use soap on his hands after using the bathroom or eating something messy/sticky.</p>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts