Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i am reading about uterine & organ prolapse!!!
and have a new resolve to do my kegels! sometimes (for days on end) i am a real slacker on them until i see something that reminds me to do them. should we start a thread? we could take turns just making sure it's on the first page every day to remind us. who's in??

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
There used to be a midwife eree who had "Kegel" as her liscense plate. THAT was a good reminder

Last time towards the end I always had a little pee leaking out when I laughed or sneezed, so maybe I should do more kegels. Though, it is hard for me to believe that it could help in any way whatsoever during labor.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spring Sun View Post
There used to be a midwife eree who had "Kegel" as her liscense plate. THAT was a good reminder

Hmmm - better than my JavaMum! LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spring Sun View Post
Last time towards the end I always had a little pee leaking out when I laughed or sneezed, so maybe I should do more kegels. Though, it is hard for me to believe that it could help in any way whatsoever during labor.
Ooooh - I've never had it happen until the other day - we got home from a walk and I sneezed - and instantly said "Oh, THAT wasn't good"!! My DH looked at me questioning....I just said "Uh, need to go potty - NOW!" LOL NEVER before has that happened! Even after my 10.5lber!

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Yeah. Do them. I am leaking urine after every sneeze or big laugh. 3 vag births and the subsequent 4th pregnancy will do that to ya, I'm learning.

And don't get me started on hemorrhoids. I was fine till I pushed for 2 hours with DD #1. After pushing with the other 2? Forget it. Tucks pads are my friends.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Ive reead that theres a connection between women who run during pregnancy and uterine prolapse. Apparently the bouncing is too much for the muscles and ligaments and can severely weaken them. Interesting. Glad Im not a runner and "addicted" to the endorphins!

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sg784 View Post
Ive reead that theres a connection between women who run during pregnancy and uterine prolapse. Apparently the bouncing is too much for the muscles and ligaments and can severely weaken them. Interesting. Glad Im not a runner and "addicted" to the endorphins!
yeah hey, THERE'S a good reason not to exercise!
(just kidding)

·
Registered
834 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KayleeZoo View Post
Yeah. Do them. I am leaking urine after every sneeze or big laugh. 3 vag births and the subsequent 4th pregnancy will do that to ya, I'm learning.

And don't get me started on hemorrhoids. I was fine till I pushed for 2 hours with DD #1. After pushing with the other 2? Forget it. Tucks pads are my friends.
Ditto that entire post..... word for word......

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
My mw actually recommends NOT doing many kegels during pregnancy (because she says you want things to be loose down there for the birthing process.) She's big on doing them after the birth, though.

Not sure if I completely agree with her, but just in case anyone was looking for justification in not doing them.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I have such a hard time doing kegals. I just can't stand the way they feel so after a couple I usually stop.

After I had ds, my doctor told me that having sex is also a good way to stregthen your pelic floor muscles. (I just wish I had some of my libido still...)

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by acupuncturemomma View Post
My mw actually recommends NOT doing many kegels during pregnancy (because she says you want things to be loose down there for the birthing process.) She's big on doing them after the birth, though.

Not sure if I completely agree with her, but just in case anyone was looking for justification in not doing them.

how many does she think is too many? i heard if you do more than 300 a day that's too many before and you could have overly strong pelvic floor muscles for the birth.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by octobermoon View Post
how many does she think is too many? i heard if you do more than 300 a day that's too many before and you could have overly strong pelvic floor muscles for the birth.

You know, I'm not sure exactly, but I've been meaning to ask. So I'll see what she says! I got the impression that she basically recommends doing none while pregnant.

·
Registered
261 Posts
as someone who has a mild case of prolapse (bladder and anus), yes, do you kegels!

bad news is, i did them all the time when pregnant and i still have issues. but, i also had to push a big girl out for over 3 hours, so i think that would = damage. but, surprisingly, no hemmroids. thank god...who knows that the damage would have been without the kegels?

and yes, running is bad for prolapse. gravity. like wrinkles. i was a huge runner. sigh!

i actually went to a physical therapist for my vagina post-birth to work on my entire pelvic floor. it's not just your kegel muscles that hold it all in, but your abs, your inner/outer thighs, and your butt muscles. sigh...that's a lot of working out!

so, sadly ladies, you gotta keep the whole package in shape!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.