Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone!

My kids are home from school this week for Thanksgiving break and I was wondering if anyone elses kids have the entire week off!

Of course, my husband's car battery died this morning so he has my car today, not that we were going to go anywhere today, but just the thought of not having a car drives me nuts. Never a dull moment!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I homeschool and we are doing academics through Wednesday but less as I love to cook Thanksgivng food! I guess that is a trend. My sonb' sfriend is back from college out of town. When I was in shcool, we were in till Wednesday . Sallie

·
Registered
140 Posts
We homeschool and the kids are following their lessons every day except Thursday. Our guideline is that the kids have a day off school when Daddy has a day off work. I work Friday. They have lessons on Friday.

·
Registered
132 Posts
all of my kids and my neices and nephews (different school district) have the whole week off. i am so glad they needed a break and i love knowing they are home. my 7 yo told me this morning that she was going to read books, watch movies and lay on the couch like a lump. i am so jealous!!
i asked my 16 yo who stayed with her today what the little one was doing and she said exactly what she told you she was going to do.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We homeschool. My kids are not doing any book work this week. But we will be learning lots about cooking, easuring, and doubling recipes. We have a couple educational movies we checked out from the library and will watch them when we need a down time, and my kids will read every chance they get cause they all love to!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hutsonmom View Post
all of my kids and my neices and nephews (different school district) have the whole week off. i am so glad they needed a break and i love knowing they are home. my 7 yo told me this morning that she was going to read books, watch movies and lay on the couch like a lump. i am so jealous!!
i asked my 16 yo who stayed with her today what the little one was doing and she said exactly what she told you she was going to do.

The comment from your 7yo is so cute and I couldn't agree with you more, kids do need a break from school!

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
yep "lay on the couch like a lump" is hilarious!! My 9 yo is planning to do that, too.
DS1 has half days the week before Thanksgiving (since last Wed - they're doing parent conferences in the afternoons) and has Thurs & Fri off. I'm looking forward to the time at home. DSS is flying in tonight, so we'll have a full house for the next few days.
Hopefully, DP doesn't have to work on Friday, so we can all do something together.

DS loves half days and my mom became a mostly-SAHM last month so she and DS have been having UNO and Stratego marathons in the afternoons.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My kids have been out all week this week. My 2 year old doesn't know what to think. She has been very quiet-could it be that she can't get a word in edgewise with the seven and ten year old? HMMMM>>>>

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well did everyone have a nice thanksgiving week off for the kiddos? mine had a blast and really did some lying around like lumps but also helped prepare for the big turkey day. it was so nice to have them home and they looked so rested this morning when they headed out to start school again.

And to top it off we only have three weeks until christmas break--yeehaw!

·
Registered
132 Posts
My kids had all week and really more because they had two weekends and the school week. They sure enjoyed it!! Your kids did not even have Friday off? Course I had to work but the kids would not have gone shopping on that day anyway-we tried it one year and it was just awful. Too many people jammed in the stores. We were all miserable by the time we made it half way through the mall and decided to go eat and go home.

·
Registered
475 Posts
They're still off from "school"!

Our family homeschools. Thanksgiving week is a blitz of museum and other field trips and lots of reading aloud about pilgrims, Native Americans, and
this year -- the food pyramid.

This week, we have a birthday in our home. So, we're going to other museums, building projects, and reading and then taking a family vacation.

We'll hit the books hard when we return, but then take another detour into unit studies and crafts and lots of music for Christmas.

I liked reading the other replies to this one.

peace,
teastaigh

·
Registered
132 Posts
My 7 year old is already practcing for the Christmas play. She is so excited and of course mom now knows all of the lines for her and the lines right before and right after. lol But i just love all of the activities around this time of year for the kiddos!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts