Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A totally all-natural mama recommended a company called Juice-plus for kids supplements. They aren't vitamins per-se, they are only organic food, dehydrated into a gummy with very little sugar. I am wondering if any mama's here give them to their kids, take them themselves, etc.

I have looked on their website and I don't see anything I don't like, but that doesn't mean in real life they would be worth the price. Dr Sears endorses them..that's certainly a good thing.

What do you all think? If you want to check out the website it wouldn't be hard to find..

Christina

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Ive never heard of them.....Ill have to check out their site.

I just started giving dd (3yrs) vitamins.....as soon as she weaned in January. THAT was alot of research on my end (and asking mamas here) to find ones wo sugar, etc. I dont see the point of giving them something that isnt a vitamin supplement.....

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rainsmom
I just started giving dd (3yrs) vitamins.....as soon as she weaned in January.
Hi there, I have been wondering this lately. My ds (20 months) doesn't eat much in the way of veggies. We keep offering but
. I have been wondering about a multi-vitamin but he is still nursing so am I alright in assuming that he is still getting enough of the veggie nutrients through my breastmilk? Dh and I think so but aren't entirely positive. Maybe by the time he weans he will start to eat vegetables. We can hope

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Although I had many allergies which meant that I ate TONS of veggies and fruits, my parents always gave me a children's chewable from the health food store (no dyes, sugars, etc.) It didn't taste great but I still took it without a fuss.

·
Registered
102 Posts
We eat a vegetarian diet which I think is rather healthy. But I still give my girls Nutrition Now Brand Rhino Vites (a multi) - either chewable or vegetarian gummi - whichever the hf stores have on hand. My kids prefer the gummis. And we do 10 days on/10 days off of the same brand of chewable echinacea. I try to get orange juice fortified with calcium or our soy or rice milk fortified with it, but availability of that has been erratic lately and so I'm considering starting them on calcium supplements as well. I'm not a big vitamin pusher, but although I MAKE a healthy diet for my children; kids being kids, they don't always eat everything I make. So the calcium rich spinach or greens I may put in dishes may not actually make its way into tummies. Or at least not in the amounts they really need. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't use vitamins as a crutch, but to cover any holes over which I have little control.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I have a friend that's a distributor for JuicePlus, and yes I give them to my son. We're vegan, so the only option for us is the chewables. He loves them
I did a lot of research/asked a lot of questions. They're not 100% organic, but they insist that the produce that is not organic is thoroughly cleansed and tested to not include any chemicals. For a family that's committed to organic, that's not the best news, but its the best we've found to date... PM me if you want my friend's website for JuicePlus

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mama to one - unfortunately, Gabi weaned a lot sooner than I would have liked, so she isn't getting the benefits of breastmilk anymore. (Tony weaned years ago) I guess that is why I am so concerned with nutrition right now. I know what she eats is all she gets.

Granola - I agree with you. I think I make a very healthy diet, yet some of those things that get offered don't always end up eaten. In a whole wheat pasta dish with many veggies, its usually the veggies that are left when the ol "I'm full" sets in. Why is that? My kids do a pretty good job, but, like most kids, some days are better than others.

callmemama - I went ahead and ordered from the person I know. I think its a bit pricey...but I am really, really, tired of so many colds, runny noses, allergies, etc...and I am hoping this will help. KWIM?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts