Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to doc today, did the usual weight (no weight gain in 1 1/2 months) get a lecture from nurse. Pee in cup...dehydrated (lecture from nurse) I know I know I just didn't have time to down a huge amount of water this morning before appointment. I drink huge amounts of water all day so I know I'm ok.

Then doc measures me, baby is still measuring 35 weeks (37 weeks tomorrow) not a big deal just something to say hmm about and see what happens. Then he listens to HB it is up high so doc thinks baby is laying on his side, didn't feel around to see if baby IS actually laying on his side. Then he checks me and my cervix is completly closed (was 4 cm's for the last 2 weeks) and no efacement was 80-90% for the last two weeks. So it seems to me that baby has pull himself out of my pelvis and is lounging on his side resting his head on my right hip bone (it is killing me).

All I can say is WTH is going on with my body and this pregnancy? Been contracting like crazy for the last 15 weeks, did the whole bedrest thing for a good 12 weeks. Been to L&D 3 times at sat there for 5-6 hours being monitored and given shots to slow things down. Last L&D visit I was 4 cm's and 80% efaced and they were waiting for me to go to a 5 to keep me and let me deliver. But no, as soon as they take all the crap off my belly so I can go to the bathroom the contrax stop and don't start up again till 3 days later and have been going strong since.

I can't do anything with out contracting, if I'm not contracting baby is kicking my insides to a pulp. My belly is so bruised and sore it hurts to have anything touch it. I am worn out, I have no muscle tone in my legs, I can't stand or walk for more than 5 or 10 minutes with out feeling like they are going to give out from under me. I also can't catch my breath when I'm walking or standing. I feel like I've ran a marathon and can't breathe.

I am so done being pregnant. This has been the most miserable experiance of my life. A horriable induction with every intervention they can throw at me sounds better than being pregnant for another 2, 3, 4+ weeks. I Still will not do a c-section the recovery would push me over the edge and I would absolutly loose my mind.

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
I'm so sorry, mama! I hope your baby will decide to re-engage and come very soon!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I am sorry! That really does suck that you keep going back and forth. I am tired of everyone I know IRL bragging about how WONDERFUL they feel while PG. I am huge, sore, emotional, and I just don't like this anymore. I had about one month total where I was serene and could handle the pain. That month has long since passed though!

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Hopefully your baby is just backing up to get in a better birthing position so you don't end up with all that stuff! Hang in there.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
I'm so sorry you're going through this. It's just not fun anymore is it? I'm on bedrest and weeks of more bedrest just makes me want to cry! Just trying to get through it somehow!!

Hang in there mama!!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
We have the same due date, and I'm feeling absolutely DONE with this, too.

Your Dr sounds like a drag. Don't let him check your cervix any more if it's just going to make you feel discouraged. There's no need to check, really, unless you want to know if it's time to push.
:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.