Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<div class="post-content-area indexable">
<div class="wiki_markup" id="user_content_16111128">
<p>We are moving to Michigan (somewhere near Madison Heights/Royal Oak areas) and I am looking for a pediatrician for my 6 month old.  I am looking for any Dr. recommendations, or a good resource for finding a Dr. aligned with our choices.  Specifically, I have my son on an alternative vaccination schedule and I would like a doc supportive of that choice.  I'm not sure where to begin.   Thanks for your time and any thoughts you might have. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Yours in natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapers, and uncircumcised little boys:)</p>
<p>StacieLynn</p>
</div>
</div>

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>Jess-Below is a response I got from someone else that I found very helpful.  In my own research, I found Watch Me Grow Pediatrics in West Bloomfield.  I haven't been in, but when I called and asked if they allow patients to work on alternative vaccination schedules, I was told that they do.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Lax is in Clawson, just a few minutes from Madison Heights and Royal Oak. Schindler is in Novi, maybe half an hour away. They're the two peds/fp docs that have a reputation for being vax friendly in the area. The nurses and midwives who work the ABC (if you're not a homebirther, look it up, it's wonderful!) seem to like both of them. There's been plenty of discussion of both on MDC.<br><br>
I use Dr. Robert Bloom at Southfield Pediatrics. I find him to be very reasonable and willing to have thoughtful discussion. He recommends following the CDC schedule for vax but was supportive of an alternative schedule I proposed. I like their office hours, availability and locations and several other physicians there, specifically Dr. Kapan and the other Dr. Bloom. I've learned not to schedule appts outside of that group. I would only recommend them to you if you're a middle of the road mama.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good luck, and if you comes across anything else, please share:)</p>
<p>Stacie<br>
 </p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts