Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p><span style="color:#0000ff;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:14px;">My son goes to head start so they have been bugging me about taking Ky to the doctors. I hate getting harassed about not vaccinating my son so I avoid the doctor's office as much as possible but head start said they would kick him out of school if I hadnt taken to the doctor's by December 1st. So after calling all the doctors near us I finally found one that would see my son before December 1st. I just got back from his doctor's visit now. I am actally suprised that it went as well as it did. The doctor was a female and when I told her that I dont vaccinate she didnt really say anything (he is partially vaccinated) and she looked at the records and said it looks like he just needs a couple of vaccinations to get him caught up are you sure that you dont want to me to give him vaccines. I said nope and then she told me which each shot was he needed and what it was for (although I already know) and I said nope I made an imformed decison that vaccinces are not nessary for him and she left it at that. Which was a relief!! I hate getting tagged as a bad parent/person for not vaccinating my son. So it looks like I will be keeping this doctor at least for now......</span></span></span></p>

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
<p>I used to have anxiety about taking them to the Dr. for that reason, but we have an Urgent Care and a Ped. that do not give us any grief over the issue.</p>

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
<p>glad you found a good doc but you should know that most if not all states allow exemptions for annual well-checks.</p>

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
<p>Part of the mission of programs like this is to ensure you are a responsible parent/citizen.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would find the headstart website for your state and research your obligations; don't take their word for it.</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts