Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just cannot get over how big my belly is and I still have 7 more weeks until I am due!! The thought of this going on for that much longer (and possibly more if I go late) seems just crazy to me. Even my husband said to me tonight - "you are sooo pregnant now!" I was glad to hear that he agrees with me and I am not in fact, crazy but my goodness I am huge. I swear I feel as big as I did with DD when I delivered her and I have almost 2 more months to go. I know I am not quite that big yet - I don't have a baby in my ribs yet, and I am hoping my belly grows up from now on and not out anymore because my goodness there is just nowhere for it to go.
I don't want to go early - my DH will be out of town for 5 days when I am 37 weeks and my doula will be on vacation when I am 39-40 weeks but my goodness I will be happy when I am not pregnant anymore. I can't wait to bend over and touch my toes again!
anyone else feeling this way?

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
32 weeks this Tuesday. Every week I feel like I can't get any bigger, and then I do... I think intellectually I know I'm not that big, but this is my first, so this is the first time I've seen myself with a belly that sticks out so far, and it's really surreal!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
It's beyond feeling and in the realm of "is huge." Sigh. I DREAD getting this weight off once the baby is born. And to think I have to carry this plus how ever much more I gain makes me want to weep.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
I actually DONT feel huge! ...but I caught myself in a full length body mirror yesterday ( we don't actually have one of those in our house! hehe) ...and I nearly had a flippin heart attack! lmao No wonder people think I am due any day now!

·
Registered
742 Posts
I am totally huge. And I have nine weeks left. I'm terrified! I can barely get around now and I'm only going to get bigger?

·
Registered
983 Posts
32 weeks here and cant BELIEVE that I can get bigger.
Its getting hard to move. Im getting achier earlier in the day and everything is so hard to do! By dinner time sometimes I almost cant cope.
I actually have to cook at 4pm and start to wind the other kids down by 6:30 because my legs can barely carry me anymore.
Yet on top of all of this I am eating what ever I want. I have no control and everyday get bigger, but feel like - Oh well, atleast I can eat this and I can feel great for those few minutes. What a dummy! Ive already gained the 25lbs plus I was already 5 over from the last one!
Good to be able to vent to you girls who know EXACTLY what its like at this stage.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I have no idea how I am supposed to get bigger & I have had a kid before! My skin is stretched so tight & so are my muscles. I also have 8 weeks to go, but I'm sure I'll split right open before then!

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
it sure feels like it but i know the last few weeks make me look like a sideshow freak...i know it gets worse! my mom commented 2 weeks ago that i looked like i was ready to go....and bf has commented that i look SO pregnant...and i feel it. however i'm doing better than i was with pain since adding padding to the bed. i'm GRATEFUL for that. add in a rocker soon (i hope) and i'll be in heaven. i swear though this child will come out butt first if he pushes any harder on my already strained, stretched paper thin skin. ouch!

oh and i'm trying to conciously walk WITHOUT the waddle but it takes a lot of effort.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I was actually feeling pretty good about myself - yeah I'm big, but I'm not waddling yet - and then today I had a woman ask me how far along I was, and when she realized I still have 6 weeks to go she said with shock/horror "you mean you're going to get even BIGGER?!".
So now I feel like a huge whale...and I've gained 30lbs...and my appetite seems to be increasing every day. <sigh> I want some of that elusive "pregnancy glow" you always hear about. haha

·
Registered
991 Posts
sometimes I feel huge, like in the evenings when I start to feel umcomfy, or when I catch sight of myself in our bathroom mirror

The lady at the store today said 'when are you due?' 'oh you look great for being due then' Not sure what that means, that I look small or huge

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am gigantic already. I am bigger now than when I gave birth to DS, and he was born one day after his due date. I have gained about the same amount of weight-so far 30 lbs, and when I had DS I had gained 33 at the last appt. before I had him. I have gained beautiful new stretch marks all around my belly button, and I do not know how I can possibly get bigger in the next 6 weeks before this one is due. I am really hoping to go a week or two early since my belly feels so very over extended! DS was 8lbs, 9oz. and DH keeps joking that I am working on a 10lber. I know he could be right, but somehow I feel like he is 'jinxing' me-but I know I could deliver a 10lber if he is, but still I'm not wanting to envision a larger baby!!!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I feel pretty huge, I feel/look bigger than I did with DS (my largest babe, longest pregnancy). I was heavier when I started that pregnancy (175 lbs), I've gained 35 lbs this time and just hit 180 lbs.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I feel tiny, and it's still creeping me out.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
It changes every day! A few weeks ago, I felt so huge it was unbelievable. This week, I have mostly felt paranoid that I'm not big ENOUGH (?! despite having already gained almost 50 pounds at 34.5 weeks). Today I was on my feet a lot for a photo shoot and now I feel pretty big. Oh, and DH took a picture of me and I was shocked at how huge I look - not just the belly, the face too

It also seems to depend on how much I've eaten and what I"m wearing.... at my shower on Sunday everyone was complimenting me saying I didn't look that big and I was wearing a floraly maternity dress - the next day I wore more regular clothes and my jaw just dropped every time I saw my reflection. Oh, and my hips and back are hurting much less than they did 2 weeks ago, so that has helped me feel more normal... as has lots of sitting around on the couch doing nothing

Today I have decided that pants are the enemy though - I tried the maternity pants that go underneath, and the ones that go around the middle of the belly, and it's all B.S. Dresses and leggings only from here on out...
Or just a big ole sack. Or nothing.

Sorry this is so long, but I also wanted to add - sometimes I feel like the baby is EVERYWHERE inside at once. Then other times I get unfoundedly paranoid that she's too tiny - I have no idea why - to the point where I wish I could get an ultrasound and measure her. I guess it's normal to worry? But I don't know why I'm waffling so dramatically between "huge" and "too small".

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
jsh~ it's ok! it feels HUGE because you look at yourself and you have a huge belly and it's FULL of baby, there's just so much extra you and it manifests itself in a way that makes everything seem larger...however when you just focus on the baby and where all the parts are they are TINY. when you can feel a butt push through but your whole hand covers the bump and intellectually you know that that bump butt has LOTS of extra padding to even make it that big you know that the real honest to goodness butt is really small....its crazy. why do you think pregnant women are labeled as crazy? we are simultaneously on 2 ends of the spectrum on to many things!

·
Registered
668 Posts
I think i feel so much bigger than i actually look...until i look at the pics from last week and then realize, yeah, i am huge! Ive already gained over 30 lbs, and i started small! The toll this takes on your body is just awful

I still haven't gotten any stretch marks, but my sis says she gets big fast at the end, so i'm really not excited for the next few wks, honestly, i'm praying he'll come a little early

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dhinderliter View Post
jsh~ it's ok! it feels HUGE because you look at yourself and you have a huge belly and it's FULL of baby, there's just so much extra you and it manifests itself in a way that makes everything seem larger...however when you just focus on the baby and where all the parts are they are TINY. when you can feel a butt push through but your whole hand covers the bump and intellectually you know that that bump butt has LOTS of extra padding to even make it that big you know that the real honest to goodness butt is really small....its crazy. why do you think pregnant women are labeled as crazy? we are simultaneously on 2 ends of the spectrum on to many things!
Totally! I'm kind of in denial that I will get bigger in these last few weeks, so I think I go to the thought of the baby not having room to get bigger... when in fact I think she has a nice, BIG, lovely cushion of amniotic fluid to float around in right now. Even the past few days I can feel movement in more places than before, so obviously she is filling out the little room I've given here.
My prenatal yoga teacher was just saying that when she went into labor, her water broke and the midwife said, "wow, you look like you just lost about 30 pounds!". Apparently it all came gushing right out... very funny!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I don't FEEL huge, but I am apparently.
I'm measuring 8 weeks ahead, my mom says I look ready to pop and even a couple months ago when I was christmas shopping people were shocked that I wasn't close to being due.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.