Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
by their child, that is?

Hope it's ok for me to ask this here - dd is just about to turn one, but this seems like more of a 'toddler' thing, kwim?

Now don't get me wrong. I adore my feisty, independent, confident, capable happy little girl, but sometimes I feel, well frankly, sad. She doesn't like to be kissed or cuddled - when I am nursing her she will actually move my hands so that they are not touching or resting on her. She's quite happy to play physical games, and for me to tickle her toes, but as for the sappy stuff....NO WAY!

I realise that this is probably just down to individual differences, but still I wonder if I am doing something wrong....any other mamas been/going through this? Is this something that will change as she gets older? FWIW, she is the same with her papa as me....maybe she is just really secure?

I miss my snuggly baby sometimes

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! Thanks so much for the replies - I'm very relieved to find that I'm not the only one...

The more I think about it (when I'm not tired and blue) the more dd is actually like her daddy and me; we're both really affectionate, but also need quite a high level of personal space and down time. She is really easily overstimulated, and actually seems to prefer playing on the floor by herself...She was also def. a high needs baby - and I think you're right, she was prolly getting her 'physical contact' needs met just by having to be held all of the time.

Ah well.....it's just so neat to see *huge* personality in a small package. I'll just keep offering and we'll see how different things are in 6 months

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.