Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I think it really is about personalities and phases, so I wouldn't worry too much about it, although I know what you mean about feeling rejected.

I BF DS until he self-weaned at 14 months (I would have kept going!)...the entire time he nursed, it never felt like the magical, bonding, love fest that so many other women described (which often made me sad/jealous). DS was pretty much all business while nursing, and when he was done, he was done, didn't want to snuggle after, etc. He stopped falling asleep nursing at about 7 or 8 months, though I would then rock him to sleep; he didn't comfort nurse much after about 9 or 10 months old, either.

This is despite me wearing/holding him a great deal of the time in his early months, even while working; him napping only on me/on my lap until he was 13 months old; and cosleeping with us still. He does love his tickles and "hugs on the run", and does give hugs and kisses freely when *he* wants to (which DH and I relish!), but he's not nearly as cuddly as I would *expect* for all the touching, holding, and cuddling he got in his early months....

However - he is a happy, well adjusted, loveable boy who is outgoing with nearly everyone he meets (has yet to have stranger anxiety), and is independent beyond what other mammas have related to me about their children (he plays happily on his own with books and toys for up to 45 minutes at a time, just occasionally stopping by to "connect" with me to read a book, or show me a toy).

Soooo, I guess what I'm trying to say is that you just keep loving her and snuggling and kissing and hugging, and tickling, etc. etc., and she'll likely go through "lovey" phases where she's more into you, and not so lovey phases where she's not. That's what DS does - sometimes he's huggy, sometimes he's not.

Sorry this was so long...I tend to ramble...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts