Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD has been a poor sleeper since birth. She is now 3 and wakes anywhere from 2-6 times per night. I'm getting to the point of frustration. I thought that by now we'd be over this. She usually doesn't nurse to sleep during the night (although she still nurses). Most of the time I have to sit up on the side of the bed and bounce her until she goes back to sleep. She's also a really light sleeper so around 2-5 a.m. she gets into these light sleep cycles where she'll laugh or whimper in her sleep and wake herself up constantly. What can I do? Does anyone know of any success stories where a child who was a bad sleeper eventually sleeps through the night? I feel like giving up hope here. Help!

· Registered
276 Posts
I couldn't read without replying. I don't have any positive sucess stories for you, but I do have a (in feb.) three year old who has the same sleep habits. He gets up about 5 times a night to nurse (which we recently night weaned AGAIN) or for a drink of water, or to cuddle (which I love, but it's getting to be bothersome.) Then around 430 am he starts tossing and turning and is basically awake. he moves around alot, plays with my skin, asks if the sun is up yet, asks to watch cartoons, etc. DS has always co-slept and still co-sleeps, and has always been a finicky sleeper. Sorry no advice, only
s . I'm hoping it gets better!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.