Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DS doesn't seem interested in nursing at all. This is the third time he's done this. Normally he'll nurse every 2 hours around the clock and now won't nurse if I offer. He's almost 8 months and hasn't started solids yet. I'm really hoping this isn't a strike as we've been having some biting issues lately and I've yelped in pain quite loudly. I really hope I haven't frightened him

We've only nursed once today and that was when he was just waking up and still very sleepy.

Does your DC ever have days where they don't nurse very much without taking in any other foods?

· Registered
4,450 Posts
My DD is 9 months old and DOES eat solids, so this doesn't completely address your question, but yes, she does have nursing down days. Usually those are days when we are busy or away, or for whatever reason, off our usual pattern. Either that, or if she is under the weather. Some days, she will nurse only before or after naps. However, she more than compensates with night-nursing about 6 times between 8 pm and 5 am! So, I am not worried about a real strike or her self-weaning. I think at this age, they are just so busy and intrigued with the world that they want to see it all, and nursing requires them to take time out.

We also have had biting issues. Mouth pain could be another reason our little ones aren't into sucking as much as usual.

· Registered
3,522 Posts
I think the hardest thing for me (DS is 13mo) is that DS no longer nurses as soon as he wakes up in the morning. He usually nurses an hour or so before we wake up, but it still feels so weird to not roll over and nurse him first thing in the morning. We definitly have 'down days', and I do worry eventhough he is eating solids and drinking other fluids. But it is also nice to hand him his juice/water and have him knock it out of my hand and want to nurse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.