Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me? I think my computer has a personal vendetta against me when it comes to stalking! At all the big stockings it freezes up or goes extremely sloooooooow, and I always miss everything. Even though I have a cable modem, I think someone with dial up has a better chance. OR I miss the stocking by mere minutes as has been the case for the last 3 Fluffymail stockings. I'm getting nauseated just thinking about the MM stocking tommorrow because I know my computer will rebel! I have been trying to snag one of those bad boys since January.
Does anyone else have bad stalking luck?

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Awwwww...
I don't stalk because it's just too stressful for me. I'm sure I'd be horrible at it though. I don't know if it'll cheer you up or not, but check out Ellie in the shorts you made for her...

http://www.vivid-solutions.com/ellie.../md_shorts.jpg

She's wearing them right now, and I really like them on her.

Good luck at MM tomorrow!!!

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
No, trust me, dial up stinks. I was on dial up last week at my inlaws. I don't know how anybody gets anything on dial up. I couldn't get a thing at the Pinhead stocking last week. I think that internet service fluctuates as to how much traffic is on. So probably anytime between afterschool and midnight is a high traffic time.

I have high and low times, too.

·
Registered
11,167 Posts
I stopped officially trying a long time ago. I found it stressful, and then realized how ridiculous it was to be stressed about such a thing. The clincher for me was when I yelled at ds to leave me alone (he wanted to read a book) because I was hitting refresh during an SOS stocking. As soon as the words left my mouth, I couldn't believe I had done such a thing, so I got up and went and read him his book!

I do get lucky sometimes though - I check in at the computer a lot throughout the day, and often I will sit down just as an email comes through. So I still have managed to get quite a few of 'hyena' things without going through the stress of the stalking.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
I think even worse than being horrible at stockings, is being almost good at them.
I swear, I am the Queen of Oversold! There is nothing worse than stocking, paying, gettting the long awaited confirmation...and then getting that dreaded email that says, "so sorry, but that oversold."

Ack, it happens to me so often I can't even tell you. I must get in milliseconds after everyone else. How is it that it happens to me so often?
:
I am dying for a MM soaker, if anyone wants to stalk for me, I will be forever in your debt!

·
Registered
431 Posts
yep! stalking = stress
I have tried I just can't do it, it's diapers!!! Pretty and functional as they may be I just can't justify the stress and have come to realize I may never have anything other then the basics, which is ok but i still want the pretty stuf lol

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
I have horrible luck! I can never seem to get the diaper I want at a stocking. Were I do have good luck though is posting a "Please..." on the TP afterwards. I've gotten lots that I wanted that way.

And don't even get me started about MM tomorrow. We have a new moniter and I can't read websites that have dark backgrounds. Well, MM's site is a very dark background so I can't see anything, not even the BUY button!
Anyone feel like stalking for me?
Long shot I know but there has to be some nice mama out there.

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
I've only stalked once but not at a major hyena stocking- i really really wanted a sushi AIO from simply cloth & got it
but, i'm thinking stalking isn't for me. I'd get way too caught up in the excitement & wind up trying to buy everything just to get buyers remorse later. i'm too into shopping!!!

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Well, I have great success stalking, but I think I'm going to hang up my hat. Anwyn has enough diapers, even for when she needs to bump up to the next size. I have a custom available to me through FM from the Frequent Miles Club, so I'll use that if I need. I'm just tired all the time now and don't have the motivation to stalk. :LOL

Signing off,
Former Hyena

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Oh geez, yesterday at the Berry Patch stocking I was hitting refresh every couple minutes on the Hemp prints page--the only one where she added dipes--and I still didn't notice that she'd stocked. I was at the top of the page and it didn't change. Then I saw in my email that she had stocked half an hour before. I felt so pathetic. I did get 2 custom dipes from BBH a couple weeks ago, though.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I'm also terrible at stalking. I did finally get dsl, so maybe I'll do better, but I'm also never home. I do, however, have a MM soaker, thanks to Morwenna who was nice enough to sell by lottery a few times for those of us who are stalking-impaired! (But I'd love either of the purple ones going up tomorrow!
)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.