Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to cruise all the diaper sites but now I find I only check hyena cart. I rarely ever surf the other sites to check out what is in stock. Maybe because my favs or all at HC. I wonder if soon every single diapermaking person will move their stuff there?

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Well, Fussybutt is my homepage, and I
there all the time, so no. :LOL

No, I shop other places still. But I do check out HC more than anywhere else. I don't know why, as I can't seem to score at HC to save my life, but there you have it.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Nope. FM is my homepage and I loooooove browsing around there. I'm not really much into shopping these days. I personally think HC is great for WAHMs, but royally sucks for me.
I can't score there at all. I also don't really like the visual look of items listed on the HC for some reason.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugarwoman
Nope. ... I can't score there at all. I also don't really like the visual look of items listed on the HC for some reason.
:

I like shopping at WAHM's own stores, but I guess if their product is really high in demand, it's so much easier on them to do HC and I appreciate that.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Butterflymom

I like shopping at WAHM's own stores, but I guess if their product is really high in demand, it's so much easier on them to do HC and I appreciate that.
Honestly, I wish HC had never come along. I even liked Jesse's old random stocking of Luxe better than HC ... I at least had a chance to stumble upon something instock before someone else did. There are so many things about HC I don't like that I don't know where to start.

Having said that, I continue to shop there because a lot of my favorite WAHMs stock there. (And because I've discovered a lot of new WAHMs when they've signed up with HC, too.) What are ya gonna do, ya know?!? I totally understand why the WAHMs stock there -- it is a much better system for them -- and I'm not going to stop buying from them because they choose to do so. But I don't have to like it.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
April I couldn't agree more. I'm just glad that I have aquired the majority of our stash before the HC became the norm. I wouldn't have anything I love (luxe, elbee, kp etc...) if I had to aquire them through HC. I really like the method of secret random stockings better because at least I would have a chance.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugarwoman
April I couldn't agree more. I'm just glad that I have aquired the majority of our stash before the HC became the norm. I wouldn't have anything I love (luxe, elbee, kp etc...) if I had to aquire them through HC. I really like the method of secret random stockings better because at least I would have a chance.
Those were the days!! Steph remember scoring FM at midnight one night last fall?? I never minded those late night nursing sessions when I happened on Luxe or saw the email from Maria @ 2am and was able to have my pick of all those beautiful covers!!

eta: Late night was also good for scoring from Jamie off the TP

Ever since the comments section went in @ HC I can't score for anything

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zexplorers
Those were the days!! Steph remember scoring FM at midnight one night last fall

Yep! That was fun.
I never get my hopes up now about something stocked at HC because it is so futile. My only hope is someone else scoring for me. I have much better luck scoring great fluff off of the TP.

So its the comments box, huh? I have noticed a bit of a dry spell for you Susan. Thats a bummer.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zexplorers
totally hijacking this thread - Steph you just passed 1000 posts - whatcha gonna buy???
I don't know. I'm not in the buying mood much anymore. I'd buy a BBB if someone offered it to me. :LOL

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think for me it is just laziness and not enough time to surf everywhere. It takes me so long to window shop at HC I barely have time to get to the other sites! And then I find myself forgetting about them.

The one thing that really drives me crazy about HC is not being able to buy more than one thing. Which means if you want to score more you have to wrangle in a bunch of helpers. Sometimes easy, sometimes not so easy.

I think I am signed up for any and all yahoo groups that mean anything to me so I usually get notice if they stocked though, at which point I can surf on over there.

OH Susan and Steph I scored at the Fluffymail stocking too :LOL Susan you tipped me off to it and that was when I got my first FCB diaper. I got one for Lindsay too because at that time that was all that fit Kylie.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
No, I prefer the timed mass-stockings which crash the sites. :LOL I don't think I've ever bought anything from an in-demand HC stocking, but if I did, it would just be one diaper. With the old-style at least I had a chance at more than one. Of course when it's something really pricey like a wool soaker, then HC makes more sense to me, but not for diapers.

I can appreciate how much easier it is on the wahms. To each, her own.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I don't shop the HC exclusively. I don't like the pressure, and I don't usually have time to stalk. Plus I like to see other WAHM sites, I think each site says a lot about that person. The HC is kind of generic to me. That said, I won't ever move ALL my stuff to the HC either. It's good for some things but not others, and I still can't figure out why some things just sit on there while they fly out of my regular store. It's too hard to predict.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by spatulagirl
I wonder if soon every single diapermaking person will move their stuff there?
Bite your tongue! I
window-shopping on HC (and other than UM & Fussybutt, that's pretty much the only CD site I cruise), but HATE for-real shopping on it b/c it never actually is for real, if you KWIM. I always tank at HC.
:

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by spatulagirl
OH Susan and Steph I scored at the Fluffymail stocking too :LOL Susan you tipped me off to it and that was when I got my first FCB diaper. I got one for Lindsay too because at that time that was all that fit Kylie.
How could I forget??? We did have a nice FM party that night It was all about spreading the love!!

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I really prefer hyenacart. I wish more wahm's would stock there. I don't have much time to websurf, and like knowing what will be available when. I also get a little miffed when an in demand wahm stocks and a few mamas come through and buy everything up. In my mind, custom orders are the time and place for mass purchases. Stockings are for 1-2 dipes at a time.

I also with hyenacart could tak off a bit more, because I could give one website out to mamas that I meet who are interested in cloth diapering, instead of having them hunt around.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by springmama
Honestly, I wish HC had never come along.
Thank you!!! I think it took a lot of the fun out of being a hyena.

I have also wanted to say this for a long time but feared getting flamed.But oh well I have to say it. I find the "it's easier for WAHM's to use" reason for using it to be lame. I mean having a business is hardwork. Stocking and maintaining your website is part of that. Anyway I just miss the days of everyone having their own unique website. Hyena Cart has become a WAHM assembly line , just cranking them out. As a consumer it is not an enjoyable shopping experience.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts