Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finding that some of my diapers are a bit light on absorbancy so I have been adding an 8x8 wipe into the diaper (folded in half) and it works perfectly as a doubler (good thing too cause I don't have time to sew non-Christmas stuff right now LOL!)

I thought I was brilliant when I thought of it LOL but I bet I am not the only person to do it

Steph

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I used to do that. I have a dozen hemp terry wipes that are kinda rough textured, so I didn't want to use them on a newborn, but they were perfect folded in half and used as a doubler topped with a fleece liner.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I've done that before. I like to wipe Ava with the sherpa/velour ones, but sometimes I get all hemp wipes as freebies when I get diapers from WAHMs and I use those as doublers sometimes. Celestial Baby used to send out really big ones and those are great!

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Yep. I've got some hemp fleece ones that are perfect doublers for little boy wet zone, and I've grabbed others to line a diaper when I've used diaper ointment.

A bit of absorbant cloth is still just a bit of absobant cloth, no matter what you call it.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
We have, especially when all the doublers have mysteriously disappeared, but it was sort of an accident the first time, lol...

You see, I send cloth with my 2 yr. old to preschool (I
how receptive they've been to my fluff since I converted to cloth 9 months ago!) and I send along cloth wipes, too, of course. Normally, I can send fairly "complicated" dipes, i.e. fitteds with doublers and wool covers, b/c the woman who usually changes him did cloth with her own kids and knows what's what.

Well, one day a newer preschool teacher filled in for the regular one and so she changed him and used the wipes as doublers in the diaper!
I was surprised, but actually pleasantly surprised at how absorbent they were. Now, if she had just known that the dipe needed a cover, as well,
, I might have been truly impressed!

Guin

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Yup.
I have been using my hemp washies as doublers in the kl0 I have for the baby. I only have 8 of them that I got used, but they are not that great absorbancy-wise...the fit is perfect though.

·
Registered
9,825 Posts
I use cheapo terry washcloths for wipes, and I've been using them for doublers for years now. Much cheaper than buying doublers, and it makes it easy to get just the right amount of absorbency. I add one washcloth during the day, and 2 at night.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I use the realy thin cotton/poly baby washcloths as wipes (really wad up small when moist so many can fit in my wipes warmer), and I use the dry ones as liners for the 'action' section of my son's diaper. Works great!

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Yup, I've been doing that with my new little dd. I love the fit of our KS 0's and our KS contours, but there's not quite enough absorbancy, so I've been adding a hemp wipe.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by scheelimama
Yup, I've been doing that with my new little dd. I love the fit of our KS 0's and our KS contours, but there's not quite enough absorbancy, so I've been adding a hemp wipe.
Yeah the 8x8 folded in half fit perfectly in all of my small diapers (she is already out of newborn stuff)...<sigh>

Of course now I need more wipes because I keep using them all up as doublers and don't have enough to make it to wash day LOL!

Steph

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by weebitty2
When i forget to dry laundry .. we use them as stuffers for our overnight pockets.
11 double-sided flannel wipes will take my dd through an overnight without a leak in a FB

now THERE's a unique night time solution!

We use our cloth wipes as doublers, liners...I am SO glad I switched from sposie wipes. Cloth ones work so much better.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.