Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Hi NewMommy, I have a 4 month old and he still occasionally wakes up and stays up for 2 - 3 hours at a time. He did this ALL the time when he was a newborn! I know I keep mentioning this but the co-sleeping did make a difference. Every night he would wake up and stay up and I was completely insane from sleep deprivation. Once he was next to me in bed, he had less of these wakings where he would cry for hours on end. Also, I cut out dairy from my diet and other foods that seem to create gas. You are using formula - maybe a switch would help?

I think these wakings are normal. Babies aren't really wired to sleep properly especially for the first 3 months! Your frustrations are normal. I am around the clock caregiver for my ds - my dh works nights and weekends and I let him sleep uninterrupted since he has a long drive to work. Most times I can hack it but my husband has bruise marks in his arms where I grabbed in one night. I had been up for 4 hours straight and 2 days with hardly any sleep. I woke my husband up and said, "Do something"; I grabbed his arms so tight,I left marks! Not on purpose. He said I looked desperate. I'm being honest - sleep deprivation is not a good thing! I think wearing the baby and holding the baby as much as possible during the times you are together is a good thing. Also, just be patient. Once you hit the 3 month mark, you will see a marked improvement!
Take care!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.