Mothering Forum banner

Does anyone have 2 bellies?

682 views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  kgrfcharlton 
#1 ·
I have some weirdness going on. I am overweight as it is by about 25 lbs pre-pregnancy. I am a pear shape. I was checking out my belly yesterday and I have a top belly, above my belly button, and a bottom belly, below my belly button. When is this going to even out? I look like I am wearing an invisible waist cincher or something. Like link sausage. I don't want to post a belly picture because of this.

Does anyone else have this?

#3 ·
I kind of do, though it's started evening out this week (I'm about 2 weeks ahead of you). I'm 148 prepregnancy (and still am), so a little overweight. I figure baby is pushing my organs and fat up, so the bottom is mostly baby, but the top is organs pushed out even farther with the addition of fat. I'll even out. That's why I haven't posted any belly pics yet either. I've tried on an under the belly cincher maternity type shirt a few times this week, but I haven't gotten brave enough to announce it to the world that I'm pregnant. I think at 16 weeks I'll wear it. I'm 14w 4d right now.

#4 ·
I am overweight and I know exactly what you are talking about. My belly has grown a lot, but up top. It's like everything has been pushed up. To the rest of the world I am just looking like I gained even more weight, but I can tell my belly has grown and there is a baby in there. With my dd I had the two belly thing until about 4-5 months. (I am pretty overweight) and then I was clearly pregnant. But it will go away soon. And I think I feel better about it when I wear maternity clothes because then I can just think I am looking more pregnant than I am!

#5 ·
i've only gained a couple of pounds and i look like that. i was still +15lbs from my last pg. now, i look like i had a BAD lipo job...
:

#6 ·
I am overweight and have two bellies. The top is hard w all the organs pushed up and the baby is buried underneath a fat-belly in the bottom. What makes it even worse is that I haven't gotten any maternity pants yet. I did lose 66 pounds before I got pregnant and am trying to get away w weraing my fat pants for a while. But I have to hold them up w a belt and that is showing thru all my shirts unless they are maternity. I will have to get maternity pants soon and w the right tops I will hopefully look as if I have just one belly, lol. The right clothing definately makes a big difference in looking more pregnant than fat and in a couple of months it'll even out. It did so w my last two pregnancies at around 6 months. Can't wait...

#8 ·
I have this too and it stinks!! I hate it. This time it's worse than any other pregnancy. It happened IMMEDIATELY and I noticed it before I even knew I was pregnant! Like everything shifted.

#12 ·
Yup, have that somewhat too and it also made me not want to take pics. The bellies are starting to even out now (14.5 weeks). If I wear underbelly pants that "tuck in" some of my lower flab, then it looks more like one belly than two.
Also good are things that are very empire wasted and only emphasize the top belly.

I think as soon as my uterus hits belly button level, it will all consolidate into one beautiful belly. Only a few more weeks until that happens, I can't wait! I am ready to look PG instead of pudgy. *sigh*

#13 ·
I remember mention of this from when I was PG with DD. They called it the B-belly club. They did take belly pics but pretty much just shared with each other. It seems to be pretty normal.

When it'll even out will depend on you. My friend is 41 weeks and still has something that resembles a "b-belly"! But she was considerably overweight when she got PG.

You'll probably even out once your uterus raises closer to your belly button and evens out that area.

#14 ·
Two comments:

1.) My Bella Band has helped to even out my belly's appearnce. I find they run big, and the most comfortable size for me is a size 1. I normally wear a size 12-14 pant.

2.) Wanna talk about lumpy bellies? My uterus is tipped left, so as the baby grows, it pushes all my organs right. My baby belly always protrudes out bigger on the right side--not because of baby initially, but because of my internal organs being smooshed. Fun, huh? I've grown fond of my off-center belly, but it took a couple of pregnancies to get used to it...

#16 ·
At 14.5 weeks, I can say my belly is looking pregnant and not like two bellies!!! Yay. (And I'm the one who posted a mere week and a half ago saying that I didn't look pregnant at all, just fat.)
In another week and a half, I'm going to go all for it in the maternity clothes. I have a hard time wearing them before 16 weeks, just a personal thing, I'm weird I guess.

#18 ·
LBD, your belly is adorable! I can't wait till my uterus is up higher. I don't know what is in this top belly of mine- I think it may be flab. aargh. Where is the flab going to go when the organs are up there? To my boobs? To my neck? eek!

#19 ·
i have this too! i do not remember this from my last pg...i wasn't as overweight then...i think my weight was 140 then. my pre-preg weight this time was 15 lbs. more...with a LOT more fat. plus i'm 5'2" and i hardly have a waist. so i guess all the fat is getting pushed up above my belly button and like someone said, the baby is beneath fat on the lower part...i hate this look myself, i feel like a fat cow but i figure soon it will all just blend into one beautiful pregnant belly. good to know i'm not the only one. thanks for posting this!

#20 ·
I was just telling dh yesterday how I can't wait for my bellybutton to "fill out" so that I just don't look fat (although, that bottom belly is mostly b/c of extra fat!). So, I have the double belly, too. It will fill in at some point. I did w/ds. I didn't do that w/dd since I wasn't as chunky then. Oh, well, hopefully I will loose after this pregnancy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.