Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love a pair of knitted longies for ds, but I have been looking for a more form fitting longy he could wear under his pj's as our nights are very cold and he does not like to keep blankets on. These look great, but I'm so wearing about buying a product from a seller I don't know.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...09114&tc=photo

They remind me of an Aristicrat with leggings. They look like they would fit under his sleepers so nicely. But do they work well, are they soft, and how is the knitting?

· Premium Member
13,397 Posts
I have a pair. I think they are cute. The remind me of an aristocrat too. I dont use them for night (i use aio's for bed) and i have what i consider to be trim fitteds (beccabottoms mostly) Theres a lot of extra (bulk?) in the front. Maybe if the fitted were bigger or packed for nighttime it wouldnt look so baggy.
Did you se the soaker pic with the babe wearing it? It looks baggy in the front on the babe. It's not just the picture.
Another thing that bugs me is that I have a medium and they are like capris on my short babe. They dont go anywhere near her ankle.
They are soft and comfy looking. I have used them as jammie pants for her but they wouldnt fit well under any pj's i have for her. They do look like they are knitted well. Tomorrow I'll put her in her fitteds all day and let you know what i think.

· Registered
890 Posts
Just want to agree about the sizing issue. I bought these when DS had barely hit the large range. When we got them they fit very well around the waist and as PP said, very roomy-even bulky in the front, but the length is kind of wacky! They are definitely capri length.

But they do work well, we've not used the longies for overnight, but we've used the matching soaker it came with and it functioned just fine. It held through a 10 hour night just fine for us.

· Registered
1,034 Posts
I was looking at ours the other day and thought the same thing as the pp - an aristocrat with legs. I have used it for overnight - like the 'crat - it does well. I don't know about the length of the legs as I have a four month old and the legs are a little long on her. (size small) A bit bulky, and I have never tried to fit the pants under clothes (but the soaker fits under like a 'crat) HTH.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.