Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We live in very wet Washignton, though it doesn't get as cold as some other places. All the boots I can find in stock are very stiff or too bulky. These seem to get mixed reviews from what I can find online as either loving them or leaving kids toes wet.

Anyone like or dis-like them?

·
Registered
905 Posts
We have them because they are they ONLY boots could find wide enough my dd. I've got mixed feelings about them. Toes do get wet-- but the boots are NOT leaking. I think they're actually too impermeable and that the warm air inside the boot is hitting the cooler material of the upper toe part of the boot and causing some condensation. I say this with some confidence because we've noticed the moisture on more than one occasion when my dd was not walking in puddles or snow at all-- so there was no water outside to get in. I've been planning to either put a thin layer of felt on the inside of the toe area or to just add a thin boot liner. What I DO like is the width and the relative flexibility of the soles. We live in a cold climate and dd wears these boots for several hours every day-- so I'm very happy that she's not in some hideously stiff frankenboots. I think they're probably great for wet but not so great for cold (since i think it's the temperature differential that's causing the condensation)

·
Registered
890 Posts
We had these last year. I found that they could take the cold very well. Dc's feet were always warm. The only dampness inside was perspiration, although there was plenty of that on warmer days. He's just not a sock person, so they were a great solution for us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.