Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,654 Posts
Kaydeesac can you talk about how it was different from the Ergo. The lack of the Ergo's pocket and sleep hood seem to be the most obvious differences. Did you find that it performed differently as well? I have never really used an Ergo except to try one on, so I don't feel like I have a good frame of reference. TIA!

· Registered
11,048 Posts
:

· Registered
2,449 Posts
On Patapum versus Ergo, they really are very similar in terms of how they are used, how to load your child, etc. Note that I only used them for the back carry, not any other position, so I can't speak to how it wears as a front carrier, etc.

The Ergo does have more bells and whistles, but they weren't things I was very likely to use (like the sleep hood, which was useless for me as my toddler son won't sleep in carriers any more). I did get the small waist sack attachment for the Patapum, as it is nice to have a place to put $ & keys. If there was an attachable day pack available for the Patapum (as there is for the Ergo) I might consider getting one.

The clincher for me was fit. I am definitely plus-sized (broad shoulders and chest), and I just felt too squeezed in the Ergo. It was very uncomfortable over the shoulders and under the arms/beside the breasts. The Patapum, on the other hand, is extremely comfortable for me. It is slightly less padded, which I think helps make it feel less constricting (I suppose the lesser padding could be a downside for some, though). I also found it easier to tighten the straps on the Patapum. My son seemed equally comfortable in the Ergo and the Patapum.

Oh, and last but not least: the Patapum costs less!

Hope this helps!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.