Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using MI paste for the past couple of weeks with my daughter to strengthen her enamel (she has a small chip on one of her teeth and what looks like the start of a cavity in one of her molars). I've been applying a pea-sized glop 3 times per day after brushing but I'm wondering if that's overkill. If you use MI paste, how much do you use and how often?

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
28 month old. dd has some enamel defects and cavities and we use the MI paste once a day at night after brushing right before bed. the amount that i give her is about 1/2 a pea-sized portion.<br><br>
in general we brush twice a day, and we use spry xylitol toothpaste.<br><br>
the thing with MI paste is that imo it works really well, however, it does have some artificial sweeteners in there.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
We also use it for 22 month old dd's teeth problems. I use about 1/2 pea to a pea size and brush it on her teeth. Ideally we would do it 2-3 times a day, but actually do it before bed. The thing about the MI paste, is that the more often you use it, the better results overall you will see. That's why I *really* should use it more on dd's teeth, but forget during the day. It will also help sensitive teeth too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts