Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking so many pills and I was wondering if anyone only takes domperidone and has success. I take fenugreek, blessed thistle, alfalfa, domperiodne (160mg), goats rue, etc. I was thinking about keeping up with the goats rue if I drop all of the other herbs. No matter how much fenugreek I take, I never smell like maple syrup (and I have taken WAY more than I probably should - 12 grams). It is so hard to know if the herbs are really helping that much. I would like to take just the domperidone and the goats rue. I also drink barley tea.

Thanks for your help.

· Registered
31 Posts
I used the maximum dose of domperidone (16 pills daily), 16 capsules of Fenugreek, and 9 capsules of Blessed thistle daily for 6 months. I could only faintly smell maple syrup on my underarms at times. I used this protocol on the recommendation of my lactation consultant and it did work. I weaned off everything and now my baby is 7 1/2 months and my milk supply is good. I also pumped daily (1-2 times)
Hope that helps, good luck! Don't give up, I know it's frustrating, but it's all worth it! :)

· Registered
29 Posts
I take domperidone and it has increased my supply somewhat (by maybe 30-50%). I had no success from fenugreek (I took a ridiculous amount too & never smelled like syrup), Mother's Milk tea & tinctures, oatmeal, or a special tincture made by my midwife. One thing that really helped was finding the right pump -- they are not all the same. I went through three hospital grade pumps until I found one that actually gets as much milk as possible. For me, it's the Egnell SMB (sometimes called the "Classic").

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.