Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any sort of final papers after the Judge decided all the stuff? We went to court 3 weeks ago to sort out visitation/child support. I had assumed I would get something in the mail after everything the Judge said was written down- am I wrong? I've talked to my lawyer several times since then but she's never mentioned it (and it never crossed my mind to ask). It would be nice to have something in writting explaining everything (since ass is always challenging ME about what he can and can't do even though the Judge explained it all! Leads me to believe he was high during court too....). TIA!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Yes, you'll gt something, the courts are slow as snailturds, mama.

If you do not get anything by next week, call the child support probation part of the superior court in your county. They will assign you a case worker and he or she will be the person you talk to about all court matters.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I'm a bit surprised you didn't get a copy right away. Every time I've been to court and something has been decided, I've received a copy of the court order as signed by the judge within 24 hours from my attorney. Perhaps that is just how things are done in my county, but usually the court clerk makes several copies of the orders right after the judge makes his decision, then the copies are given out to the attorneys, who will make copies for the clients. Ask your attorney again - perhaps she has forgotten to give you your set.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.