Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the forums but haven't found any answers to this one...we are starting new insurance (Cigna) and dh has a new health care flex-spending account and I need to find a new doctor that would be my Primary Care Physician.

We are probably moving to the Frederick area within the next year but are in Anne Arundel County now and I am open to travel (probably not to the Eastern Shore though). I am looking for someone who would be open-minded about my choices (i.e. not getting lectured for nursing a toddler or trying alternative remedies for illness before popping a tylenol) and be willing to write "prescriptions" for alternative treatments (i.e. saying that trying an alternative therapy like mothers milk tea or something homeopathic is medically necessary for irregular periods, mastitis, etc.) for our Health Care FSA to reimburse us.

I know this sounds like a crazy longshot but it would save us a lot of money to be able to pay for all those treatments pre-tax. Does anyone out there see a great doc that supports alternative/homeopathic/holistic treatments?

·
Registered
625 Posts

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I've posted about Dr. Rothschild at Gaia before, and I really like her, BUT... her office is tiny and they do not do insurance there. They will fill out a claim form for you to file with your provider, but since they don't work with any insurance companies directly (none!), it would be considered out of network. My insurance covers some of out of network providers but you should check about yours... also you have to file the claim yourself which is kind of a pain!!!! I only got insurance for the first time six months ago when I married my husband so this didn't used to be an issue for me. But I do highly recommend her, she is an awesome lady and looks to holistic treatments *first* before turning to traditional remedies for things.

She's been my doc for over a year now and I love going up there to see her... it's such a different experience than going to most doctors. She takes her time with her patients, you're never rushed, and she *listens* to you and works *with* you to find solutions to things vs. just lecturing and handing down a prescription.

She's in Mt. Airy near Libertytown so very close to Frederick!

Please feel free to PM me if you have any other questions...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all so much for the help! I will definitely look into your suggestions...I would be interested in Dr. Rothschild (I am not sure I can convince dh to go there but we will see...) so I will definitely give them a call. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.