Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...a hemp fitted that's lined with fleece? Or is that even possible??

I'm becoming obssessed with wanting Ronan's skin to be dry in the morning. So I'm cutting some fleece in the shape of his diapers, but it'd be nice to know if there's a more elegant solution out there.

Alternately, if anyone has some secrets to share about using pockets at night, please LMK! I found that when I stuffed them enough, he was able to pee out the side. No fun, especially when you cosleep! :LOL

One final question: Does hemp fleece have the same stay-dry feeling as regular fleece?

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
yes ther is dipes you can get that are hemp lined with fleece cant think of any off hand........ no hemp fleece will not offer the stay dry effect..... you might be over stuffignyour pocket making it gap at the leggs that may be why you are gtting leaking........ oh and I live in so cal also........ off to bed.........

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I got some fleece lined fitteds from The Calico Baby. Pinhead diapers makes them as well.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have a couple FLAGs (www.righteousbaby.com) with fleece-lined soakers. Oh, and Sugarpeas have the option of fleece-lined soakers. IMO, fleece liners when attached to the soaker don't feel as dry as free-floating, homemade fleece liners. So your idea might work best anyway.

Pockets--you may want to size up to compensate for your stuffing OR switch to a different stuffing. We use a large MOE insert and a microfiber towel from Wal-Mart, but DD's not a super wetter. I think maybe this question got buried in here, so you might post separately (or do a search--I've read tons of threads on this, but our systems works so I haven't read closely...) to get the consensus on stuffing.

And hemp fleece isn't like polyester fleece (the stay-dry stuff). It's similar to a sweatshirt (made of cotton fleece), but not as fuzzy (or maybe it's not finished the same way to make diapers)--it's an absorbent material rather than a repelling/wicking material.

HTH!

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
I have a tykie hemp thats lined in fleece (internal soaker). This is one of my night diapers. I think all my other hemp only has fleece on external soakers.

I rarely use pockets so can't help so much there. When I do use them, they are day time diapers.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, Anna! I agree -- I have some fleece lined Joeys, but I don't think they repel wetness as well as the ones I've "made" myself. I haven't cut out the Firefly-shaped fleece yet, as it's in Ronan's closet, and I always forget to nab it before he goes to bed.

I think pockets at night are a pipe dream for us, but thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.