Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Cathlin and Jason, I added a squirt of Dr. B's lavender or peppermint to my dipe wash water - does anyone do this anymore? I just read the detergent thread, and didn't see it mentioned anywhere.

About how long does it take dipes to dry on a clothesline?
In winter?

Do you hang wool covers outside to dry also?

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I've not used Dr. Bronners in my diaper laundry, but I was always one for simplicity (aka: lazyness, lol)

I have hung my wool outside to dry, but usually I just draped it over my inside rack or the playstand
For my Fuzbombs, I always dried them inside because I didn't want any accidental sun bleaching to the beautiful colors.

Since we don't really have winters here in south Texas, I can't answer that question.

Come on, mamas! Where are the replies? We've got a wealth of info here and I know we must have some Dr. Bronner's fans

·
Registered
351 Posts
We would occassionally use Dr. B's in the washer, mostly just for scent. I have heard that because it is a soap (and not a detergent) that it will build up on the diapers. That being said I never had a problem with it at all.

We have winters here, but dry our diapers in the dryer (aside from the covers, including wool) which we hang on the drying rack next to the dryer. Those usually take a couple of hours to dry, including the wool (which I just wring out really well.)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So if I dye my wool covers, I want to keep them inside, don't I? I may hang a rack up in my laundry room for this, might be the best thing.

Maybe instead of adding Dr. B's then, I should just add TT to the wash water? Is adding peppermint oil for scent only or does it have a purpose?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts