Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really trying to come up with a system that won't make dh grumpy, keep my inner hyena happy, and keep ds' bums rash free....

Right now our stash is mainly prefolds wool covers/soakers. But I need some "daddy" diapers that don't have PUL, and he hates using fitteds and a cover (he says too much work).

So I thought if I had some WIOs it would make us all happy..... but I worry about it keeping bf poop as well as toddler poop in or if its always going to end up on my covers...

Opinions?

I still have my FBs but the fleece repelling issues have gotten me down and they are just laying in a basket unused right now...
: Plus I am loving wool....

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
I just sold off our one BBH WIO.
It just didn't seem practical. Unless you have a super light wetter, I can't imagine using them full time or for long periods of time. ...and...once the snap in is wet, that's it. You can use the cover again, but then you might as well use a wool soaker. :LOL They really are pretty, but we stick to fitteds and wool soaker. I have to add though, that I am really tempted to try one of the new Kiwi Pie with the fitted snap-ins.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I'd like to be able to. I only have one WIO now, but I bought some cashmere fabric that I want to make WIO's out of. My snap press is coming in the mail tomorrow. I am going to make my own WIO's with 8-10 inserts per wool cover.

The one I have now is a Loveybums, and I really like it, but want some thing different in any others I get. Like that one is sherpa, which makes it VERY bulky. SO I'd rather have Hemp. But say, I love that the insert is elasticised!!! It hold all the poopies in from the cover.

But this is just me. I love the idea of snap-ins, it takes away so much bulk from my diaper bag, and I can customize it the same way you can a fitted.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
we used WIO pretty exclusively with my almost 3 yo till she potty learned in march, then i sold off MOST of them. I had 4 RB size 2 shells and about 2 dozen snap ins and 3 fuz WIO covers and 16 snaps ins. we kept the fuz but i sold off almost all of the RB. what i found was that the more active the child the more time spent cleaning poop off of the wool cover. it got to the point where i didn't want her in them until she had pooped for the day. so, by the end they just weren't getting used that often. i also don't really LOVE the RB snap ins. i do love the fuz snap ins though
. we are going to use them for our 14 mo when she finally grows into the mediums. i did keep some of my size 1 RB WIOs too for the next babe. they are great for little babes that aren't walking yet i think.

if you are going to that system i think you need at least 4 covers and at minimum 24 snap ins. oh, i also recently fell in love with luxe baby WIO sets too, but alas we get poop on them too.
so they are our super special sets and will only be used as a WIO after the daily poops. i love her wool covers as covers over fitteds or prefolds too !!!!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I WISH I could use WIOs exclusively ( during the day, at least!) We have 2 BBH and LOVE them. Unfortunately, unless I get my butt on gear sewing, I will never be able to afford the WIOs I like!
I don't have a problem with the fitteds/pfs and soakers we use, either

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
I have two luxw baby WIO, a Harlez WIO and a Kiwi WIO and I really like all of them. I am switching over to mostly these. I do get at least two snap ins for each one though, and my Harlez has Four, two are thicker for trips and naps etc. We were in the car tonight to go to dinner and drove 20 mins away had dinner and drove back and she slept the entire time (about 2.5 hrs) and she was fine when I changed her, no leaks in the harlez fruit WIO. I normally change though every 1.5 hours or sooner if she goes sooner. There have been days I am just upstairs with her closer to the changing table and changed her 20 mins later just so I am sure she is dry again before we head back downstairs. I really need to get a changing area on my first floor, this house is too big to have just one area.

Anyhow I went totally off the topic. LOL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts