Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You hyenas have converted me and I am not even pregnant yet.

Here's what I have so far for my Newborn and Small stash?
Do you think this is enough?
What else should I get?
I think I need some more AIO's for daycare since I am going to have to WOH part-time. But I am afraid they are going to be too hot to wear? Maybe some WIO's for daycare?

Newborns
12 Preemie prefolds
2 Kissaluvs size 0
2 Newborn Loveybums

Smalls
15 Infant prefolds,
6 Kissaluvs contours
Fitted Mudpie
Fitted Cloud 9
Fitted Kissaluvs size 1
AIO Mudpie
2 AIO Bumkins
6 Elbees (on custom order waiting list)

Covers
2 Bummis SWW small
2 Loveybums covers, one wool, one fleece
5 Small Proraps
1 Elbee wool cover daytime (waitlist)
1 Elbee wool cover nighttime (waitlist)
I'm in the process of knitting my first soaker right now also.

Miscellanous:
I have pins, snappis, 36 misc. wipes, 12 Kissaluvs inserts, and 1 Hemparoo insert.

I don't want to get too much since I don't have a baby yet to see what works and what doesn't. OTOH, I don't want to have to deal with trying to get diapers post-delivery, especially since there are so many wait lists and I'm no good at stalking.

(I am not even going to list my medium stash because I know I have enough to get started, by far
: )

TIA for your help!

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
If you are going to dc, I wouldn't get wio. The last thing you want is a daycare person throwing the wool in the wet bag with poop. I would get more aios, though, and specifically velcro/aplix type ones for dc. They seem to be the easiest for daycares to adjust to.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Yeah, for dc I would get something like wonderoos or fuzzibunz.

I'm a HUGE fitted fan with wool covers, but I wouldn't trust anyone else with my wool!

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
How do you dye them? with koolaid? Is it a big mess? Does it take a long time? I have two newborn cotton nikky's. 1 is a rougher weave than the other, if that makes sense. Will they come out different shades? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
You'll want WAY more NB sized diapers unless you have big babies. My baby was 7 lbs. 4 oz. and there is no way any of his smalls would fit him. KL 0s are perfect, as are Loveybums NB diapers. Loveybums are cheaper and customizable, but she's closed for orders right now. KLs are easy to find. I'm also LOVING XS FuzziBunz, but I think they're discontinued. Some stores should still have them on sale, though. I got mine for $11.95 each including the insert.

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
Now that she mentioned it, I would add more newborn fitteds too. Also, did you have any newborn aio? You might want some for all the well baby checkups... I love newborn nanipoos for fitteds. You can't pick specific fabrics, though, just "boy", "neutral", or "girl"

Quick turnaround, though, and quality product. The fit my 7 lb baby great as well as my preemie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts