Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have three sons, 8, 6 and just about to turn 3. The older two are REALLY into Legos. This just started a few months ago, but already the Legos have thoroughly infiltrated our house!<br><br>
My soon-to-be 3 yo does not put things into his mouth and enjoys playing with the Legos as well.<br><br>
However, I am still concerned that he *could* put one into his mouth, like if one of his older brothers told him to, or something like that. Some of the Legos (R2-D2 figure, for example) seem to be perfect choking hazards.<br><br>
Should I just not worry? I'm trying not to!<br><br>
Thanks.

·
Banned
4,701 Posts
My dd put a lot of things in her mouth, but not her legos. I would watch her though to make sure that she was staying safe when she played just in case.

·
Registered
488 Posts
When I first got LEGOS in my house for my older two (at the time 4 and 6), my biggest concern for my two year was him putting them up his nose (he had recently put a raisin up his nose at the time which we had to go to the doctor to get out). I watched him with them for a while and he never put any in his nose or mouth so I have not relaxed about it. Biggest problem at the moment is him breaking the spaceships his brothers make.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
My almost three year old began playing with Legos before he turned two. If he had disappeared and I couldn't hear him, it was because he was in the playroom playing with Legos. No problems with it at all, except that my MIL is convinced that he shouldn't be allowed to play with them because children that young aren't supposed to have the finger dexterity or fine motor skills. Whatever...he seems to do just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts