Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted ds1 to sleep with us until ds2 could also move out and then have a sibling bed, but now I'm wondering if that will work. DS1 wakes at night and will cuddle up to me. I am afraid he is putting ds1 at risk. This morning he kicked ds1 in the head (not on purpose). He also seems to sleep later if no one else is in the room. But, then I think he will feel left out if dh, ds2 and I all sleep together and he sleeps alone. He won't cuddle with dh and ffreaks out if dh tries. BTW, ds2 os 10 weeks. Should I just stick it out until ds2 gets older?

I can't be wishy-washy b/c dh often mentions he should sleep on his own. If I go that route, dh is want to stick with it.

·
Registered
16,116 Posts
Personally, I would stick with the family bed. Get a bigger bed if needed, or an extra bed to put next to the first if you need more room.
If your ds feels ready to try moving a little further out of your bed, that doesnt mean he has to be out of your room. we got our dd a small matress that goes on the floor next to our futon when she was around 2, and she can sleep on it when she likes, and with us when she likes.
how old is your ds 1? have you tried talking to him about it to see how he feels? he might like to try having his own bed, or if you explain your concerns for ds2, he might be more aware and helpful if it means he can stay in the family bed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts