Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is green stool necessarily a sign of an allergic reaction to something? Our ped said green stool just has to do with the rate the food goes through the system, but it's not really indicative of anything else. He said we only need to be concern about mucousy stool. Is this true?

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts

I'm a newbie to all this sensitivity/allergy stuff and don't have answers to your questions but will say that ds (8wks) sometimes has green poop but always mucousy poop with no obvious blood. He also has stuffy nose, vomitting (when I eat offending food), diarrhea, fussiness, sleeplessness, reflux, and some red bumps that are possibly eczema (appear when I eat offending food).
I have read some things about bf infants green poop being caused by oversupply so you might look into that as well.
There are lots more knowledgable mamas here so I'm sure you'll get better information from them.
GL!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Casha'sMommy View Post

I have read some things about bf infants green poop being caused by oversupply so you might look into that as well.
GL!
Yes, it might be a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance.

·
Registered
324 Posts
My DS had mostly green poo and often mucousy for his first few months. I did have oversupply, so I assumed foremilk/hindmilk imbalance after reading on line. But it went away completely when I removed some of his allergens. I removed a lot at once, so I'm not sure which thing specifically, but probably dairy. He now has all yellow poo, but still eczema.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Green poop can also be a symptom of C. Difficile. The poop usually smells really wretched. My son had this along with a bunch of food intollerances and it was missed until he was 2 1/2.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just looked up the symptoms of C. Difficile and that doesn't seem to be it. Dd looks very healthy and has always been quite happy. Other than her eczema (which is not bad at all right now), the only thing left is her sour smelling green poop. Her poop is sometimes mucousy and sometimes sludgy. There are yellowish seeds in it as well.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bean-e View Post
I just looked up the symptoms of C. Difficile and that doesn't seem to be it. Dd looks very healthy and has always been quite happy. Other than her eczema (which is not bad at all right now), the only thing left is her sour smelling green poop. Her poop is sometimes mucousy and sometimes sludgy. There are yellowish seeds in it as well.
The mustard seed appearance is normal for ebf baby as is a sweet and sour smell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.