Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH & I are TTC #1 and I'm fairly new to temping (this is the first month). I've been watching CM no problem, but now that we are TTC (and not using condoms) I'm wondering if his sperm can affect CM and for how long?

Meaning if we DTD on Thursday would my CM still be off on Friday (24 hours later)?

I'm using fertillity friend but it's a little off. My first cycle of trying was an unusual 36 days long (I'm usually 28/29 days). I'm on CD14, FF says I'm not due to O for another week but I'm seeing ECM (since CD 12), just not sure if it's because we've been "practicing" so much lately or if it's true ECM. Also my temps jumped this morning.

Man, the next 2-3 weeks are gonna be so hard!!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
This is my second month tracking my cycles with FF. Last month (my first month using it, and keeping track at all) was unusually long for me as well. Last month I didn't start tracking my CM until just after O, this month I didn't seem to have any EWCM (ugh).
:
Sorry I'm not any help. I'm interested in the answer to your question as well.
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
hi no name yet!!

intercourse doesn't change true CM, but as you've noticed, it does introduce other fluids that can make it difficult to discern your CM. arousal fluids (yours) and semen mix with CM and both are similar to EWCM. the best way to tell the difference between arousal fluids, semen and EWCM is to do the water test -- semen and arousal fluids dissolve quickly in water. CM does not.

to answer your 24 hour question -- i think every woman is different, but the general rule is that semen/fluids should be clear of your cervix within 12 hours. so after 24 you should be good.

a couple things to remember:

1. regardless of what FF predicts, you should consider yourself fertile when you see watery or eggwhite CM. FF is just software, only YOU can see/feel what's actually going on in your body.

2. you can't really bd too much if your dh has a health sperm count. there's nothing wrong with your "practicing".

3. if you're having a hard time checking your CM, just keep bding at least every other day until you confirm O with your temps.

hope that helps!

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
:

The water tests works great. And through my own experiments
: I've also noticed that sperm mostly floats and cm sinks to the bottom. Also when you take the cm back out of the water, if it's ewcm, it will still be able to stretch some.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts