Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WAHM's don't offer a sizing page on their site? Not just weight range for diapers, but also rise, thighs, waist, etc...? I love it when I see some approx. measurements...especially on a diaper I've never tried before. What do you think?

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Although I can't think of a specific instance of that happening, I know I've visited a few sites where I couldn't find sizing...it would pretty much mean I won't buy - not because I don't like what I see, but I want to be sure it fits! It just wouldn't be very practical.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Little bit. Means I probably wouldn't buy. I have to rely on measurements not just weight ranges due to some chunky girls so when they just give approx weights it's not enough info. I could email and ask I know but most of my shopping is impulsive lol.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
nak Yes it bothers me, biggest instance lately is the MOE site, it doesnt offer all the measurements of the FBs so Im not sure what my daughter would wear, as I dont know her weight ether. Most WAHM sites that im relly interested in, i just email them and they usuallyt reply nicely w/ measurements.

·
Registered
555 Posts
YES! sizing charts should be a requirment
my DD has a very long rise, but thin waist and thighs so I really need those charts to be sure, I don't get plumbers butt diapers! Though her tushie is adorable!

Deanna

·
Registered
649 Posts
I wish places just had both. I came across places that just had measurements which didn't help me since my babe isn't born yet, but I'm sure what I buy after she's here I will want to use measurements for.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Definitely. I know weights are approximate and really don't tell you much, which is why this one site I was looking at didn't include them. However, when you don't have a baby to measure and you are like me and have no idea what the other measurements (besides weight)correspond to, it's helpful to have a weight range estimate - is this cut to fit so it can be worn from birth or do you need to wait until 8-10 lbs? Will it last for awhile (at least 15 lbs) or is this on the smallish side (only about 12 lbs)? KWIM?

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
I've not bought before because they don't have sizing. Ds is very chunky and lots of diapers are fine in the rise but not big enough in the waist. If its something I really want I email the wahm and ask. Most of very helpful.

What bothers me is when there is sizing, but not on the diaper and nothing on the site that says how you can tell diapers apart. It seems silly, surely by looking at it you can tell the difference, but on some you really can't.

Michelle

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Full Heart
I've not bought before because they don't have sizing.
This is exactly what I mean. Ross is so tall and I've bought things before w/out knowing the sizing only to turn around and sell them on the TP b/c the rise wasn't tall enough. Like I said, this is especially true on diapers I haven't tried before.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by spicensnail007
nak Yes it bothers me, biggest instance lately is the MOE site, it doesnt offer all the measurements of the FBs so Im not sure what my daughter would wear, as I dont know her weight ether. Most WAHM sites that im relly interested in, i just email them and they usuallyt reply nicely w/ measurements.

Here is a FB size chart
http://www.naturalmothercompany.com/...llary.asp?ID=3
HTH
Deanna

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
I am more likely to buy if there are actual measurements. Because once a site (forget who now) had all the measurements and a weight range. E was in the weight range but the rise and stuff was all wrong, if there was only weight listed I might have bought it and it wouldn't have fit!

My girlie is shaped different so I really do need to know rise and stuff to make sure it will fit.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I think it would be good to always have the size with measurements. It is especially helpful in fitting thunder thigh babies.

Though I sometimes I wonder if anyone actually reads them anyway

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aherne
I think it would be good to always have the size with measurements. It is especially helpful in fitting thunder thigh babies.

Interesting.... I'm taking notes (as a newbie to all this :LOL
)

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aherne

Trust me! I read them!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I like to have both measurements and weight, to give me an idea of the range. But measurements are the most important, definitely! I learned that with my dd, because she is petite and has a short rise. So many times I would see something in her weight range, like 15-25 lbs, back when she was about 20 lbs, and it would be too big when we got it because she had such a teeny waist, teeny thighs, and short rise.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thebenjies
Although I can't think of a specific instance of that happening, I know I've visited a few sites where I couldn't find sizing...it would pretty much mean I won't buy - not because I don't like what I see, but I want to be sure it fits! It just wouldn't be very practical.
ditto. if i can't find rise, thigh, waist measurements, i'm very hesitant to try a new kind of diaper/cover/etc.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Yes!! Ds is stuck between mediums and larges and could go either way. If I'm trying something out, I need to know the exact measurements of both to see which I should get. It would most likely prevent me from buying something I've never tried before.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.