Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Absolutely yes! Me and my friend used to do acoustic covers of older music for alsheimers patients and for children we did some modern pop covers. just seeing and hearing someone play is good, getting them to play is better! we always left the piano open here and there for the older patients and some would recognize the song and remember to play or sing along, the kids would sing along and hum the tunes all day. for the older people who knew how to play, wednesdays would be all day playing piano for each other after we finished.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, you are really right. Listening to music has long been known for the emotional impact on the listener. This can put us in a great mood, or it can make us feel depressed and isolated. Sure, music has a lot of power over us, and new research shows that music can help older people maintain their listening skills and even prevent age-related cognitive decline.
It is known that music has a beneficial effect on the brain. It emphasizes the ability of the brain to overcome trauma or disease that can affect the person's mental ability to perform tasks. In the program of meditation or listening to music improves sleep, mood and well-being in the elderly, who experience a subjective decline in cognitive ability.
I know that playing a musical instrument can turn off the reaction of stress, improve physical and emotional health. When our senses reveal a possible threat in the environment, the body undergoes a chain reaction in which the genes within each cell switch, directing the cells to produce chemicals associated with the reaction of stress. Playing music triggers an opposite chain reaction, which again turns off these genes.
So listen to music and get health and health.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's true. Of course, it may sound weird or related to the fantastic world, but it helps you be organized and have a more relaxed mind. For example, I started playing the guitar almost five years ago, and since then, I didn't have any headaches

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's true. Of course, it may sound weird or related to the fantastic world, but it helps you be organized and have a more relaxed mind. For example, I started playing the guitar almost five years ago, and since then, I didn't have any headaches. I usually play it in my free time or when my friends come over, I even became a little obsessed with accessories related to guitar. I have a big collection of custom-made guitar picks from this website, and I feel this is the best way to relax, so I recommend you try this option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts