Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm attending a baby shower next week for DH's cousin, who I really don't know that well. She's very mainstream, so I've been a little anxious from the beginning about what to give her as a gift. I finally went with a swaddling blanket, a copy of Happiest Baby on the Block, and a copy of the Toddler's Busy Book. The plan is to wrap the first two together with a note..."to help while your little one is small", then wrap the other book separately with another note that says something like "to save your sanity when she's older."<br><br>
I thought it was a fairly cute idea at first, but now I can't stop second-guessing myself! I don't want to come across as if I'm the "parenting expert" trying to give unwanted advice/books. Would you have liked something like that at your shower...?<br><br>
(fwiw...she is only registered for large/expensive items like a crib and a car seat or I would go with something on the registry)

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I think it's cute!

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
sounds great!<br><br>
I gave a very mainstream friend the hbotb book, swaddling blankets and soothie pacis (along with a gift card) as a gift and it was well received.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
nak<br>
love it! very cool gift idea. from now on, for anyone mainstream, i will also give happiest baby on the block...such a helpful book!<br><br>
i got lucky recently...a very good friend expressed interest in babywearing so i had a custom mt made for her shower & gave lessons...and it was reversible...her dh's side was the superman logo. that was a fun shower gift to give!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
that's super duper cute!<br><br>
everybody loves "happiest baby," in fact it was recommended to me over and over again by "mainstream" moms...so no fear that it will seem preachy. in fact, i would have loved to have received some books now that i think about it.<br><br>
it's a great idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts