Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,467 Posts
Yeah, I never knew how infuriating the TV ads wuold be unti lI had a babe of my own! I totaly agree with AP and it is working for me and my family.
I just CAN'T STAND to see babies crying all the time when I am out.
Their parents simply ignore them or yell at them! I was at Target today with my baby in the sling and we were looking at the toys. TWO MAMAS of two different babies said something like "Oh, I just loved my baby when she was your age...Now she's a monster!" Their babies were about two years old and perfectly aware of what their Mommy was saying. I felt so bad for them...Grrr...

· Registered
2,467 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboClaudia
sometimes i do think "pick that baby up" or "well, duh, kids sometimes need cuddling in bed, too", and other times i remember to curb my judgment and give the parent(s) the benefit of doubt that they are doing the best with the information they have at the time. we only see a snippet of their lives and can be prone to extrapolating their entire parenting schema. i would not want to be judged by one situation with my son.

just a thought...

~claudia
Of course I try not to pass judgement as well becasue we all have bad days...I just felt so sorry for these children becasue the way their moms looked at them was with such annoyyance and almost disgust. It just makes me wonder why they had a baby in the first place...I didn't mean anything by my previous post...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.