Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,618 Posts
Yeah, it gets bothersome. I see and hear it in real life too. I try to understand that other people may have other things going on and I don't have any idea why they're doing things the way they are. Also, I have a 3.5 year old who has never been easy to get to bed and my 1 year old is starting to be the same way. We've always had a family bed. So, the family bed doesn't make it easier to get them to sleep.

· Registered
4,618 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zakers_mama
I know just because they sleep with you doesn't mean they go to sleep easier--for some........just that this particular mom was complaining how hard it is to get them to go to bed in their own beds alone. What about trying a bed for both of them, or how some people have their child in a bed in the same room? just a thought. They'll outgrow that need eventually.
Yes. I understand what you're saying and my advice to anyone who has trouble getting their children to sleep alone would be to try co-sleeping. My dd is just one of those kids who has trouble winding down no matter what. To the people who say that they'll never leave the family bed of room...."Yeah, I'm so sure they'll be sleeping with us when they're teenagers. You know how those teens are, always wanting to be with their parents." :LOL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.