Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. First of all I made all of my own pockets and I have never seen or used one made by anyone else... Occasionally when my dd sleeps in one it is like the pee never hits the absorbant material (a prefold folded in 3 and going straight down the middle from front to back) and just goes to the back or the side and pours out onto the bed or her clothes.
The only leaks we have ever had are from our pockets. I am doing some thing wrong? They are side snap and front snap from PUL and micro and that is it. I almost wanna put an absorbant layer under the micro cause I think the problem is that there is nothing absorbant on the sides and since she sleeps on her side the pee has no where to go but out. What do you think?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I sold/traded all the pockets that I have ever owned. I keep trying but have yet to find one that actually works. Jack pees so hard and fast that it doesn't have time to wick and absorb, it just rolls right out the edges.

·
Registered
499 Posts
We had the same problems after many months of DS using Fuzzi Bunz and Happy Heinys to bed, but he was leaking out the leg holes instead. It might have been for all the other reasons suggested above, but they are fine during the day. So we've changed the night system to Happy Hempys (hemp pockets) or any other fitteds, under either a heavy-duty wool cover or soaker with longer leg cuffs to hold in everything. No problems anymore.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I have this problem sometimes...

- the pocket is overstuffed so there isnt a good fit around the thigh and the urine just beads off the fleece and onto the bedding.

- when the stuffing isnt stuffed to the edge. When putting the prefold in, you spread your hand out to be sure the prefold is touching the edges... otherwise urine leaks out the stitching.

I do notice it is a lot worse with the side sleepers. You might need to change your night time system. If the leaking is just a little and not too bad, then you could consider making a sleep pad to protect the mattress. Just toss it in the wash with diapers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts