Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got rid of one soaker that I bought for Genevieve and it looks like I'm going to have to return this one as well because it just looks like it's too big on her. The crotch seems very wide. What do you guys think? Am I destined to not have wool soakers for Genevieve?

Soaker Pics

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
We have one that fits that way (seems too large), but I kept it because it has a dog on it and ds loves doggies...but it drives me crazy! And I find I don't put it on him too much because of this. I even tried to shrink it a little last time I washed it, but I was so afraid of over-shrinking that I didn't use hot enough water, etc....I think it looks adorable, so if it doesn't bother you-keep it, it's gorgeous.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have the same beef with ds's soakers, so I have been up late at night trying to do the math to make him the ulimate one to fit him just right.
We rarely wear prefolds so we need a bit less in front, but when he has a prefold on i dont noice the droopy look at all.
but i an extremly picky hoe covers fit him

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
If it were me, I would probably return it. Ive had a couple that fit like that and its because the leg holes were on the side... gave it too much bulk in the crotch area..... so now I stick to soakers with leg holes toward the front and the fit is much better
I think that styles works best on chubbier babies, not necessarily toddlers... but its all about personal preference!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Attached_Mom_to_7
Maybe you could try a soaker that has the leg holes in front,like Mosaic Moon's?
Hmmm, an $18 soaker or something virtually impossible to get? :LOL

Seriously though, the leg holes in front sound like a better idea. Ok, who makes 'em like that but cheap? :LOL

·
Registered
260 Posts
Is that a RumpKnit? I love those colors! It's a pretty soaker but it does look too big, especially the way it bags in the middle. I would e-mail Cynthia and see if you can return it.

Did you have to return the other soaker because of fit problems?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Edwards
Hmmm, an $18 soaker or something virtually impossible to get? :LOL

Seriously though, the leg holes in front sound like a better idea. Ok, who makes 'em like that but cheap? :LOL
If someone you know can knit, I think the F&F has the leg holes in front. The pattern is free too.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Is it not snug enough in the legs? Do you think it affects the integrity of the soaker? If you think it will affect it (meaning, not do its job), then you might consider sending it back.

If it were me, I would keep it. I have some soakers for my DD that don't fit her snugly (like yours) but the legs are just fine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts