Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help figuring this all out. I had a miscarriage (my 1st M/C) last May and I am paranoid of it happening again. Here are the numbers from my doctor.

Mon- hcg 76.1
Wed- hcg 171.4

She also checked progesterone at this appt and it was 34.63. The miswife and doc think these #'3 look great and are not concerned. However I am. I didn't lose my last until my #'s were in the 2,000 range. Ok, so here is the part i am trying to piece together. This may be long so please read on.

I usually spot brown blood for 3 or so days starting on the 8th of the month. I then will start full red flow around the 12th. Ok, so I am to assume my period starts on the 12. Well, Feb 5th I had RED spotting until the 12th when a full flow started. I am still considering this to be the 1st day of my period. Is this correct?

I know from using my fertility monitor for 6 months that I ovulate late in my cyle. Like day 19. My dh and I had sex I know for sure on Feb 23 (so like day 11 or so into my cycle)and then again another time a little later in the month. Maybe around the 1st or so of March. Remeber Feb only had 28 days. If I calculate my ovualtion date for 19 days into my cycle it would put it around the 3rd. Assuming I use the day of my period as the 12th. So that would mean when I took the HCG blood test on Monday I was only like 10 days past ovulation which would make those HCG numbers look pretty good. Then for yesterdays test, I would have been 12 DPO with a 171.4.

There is really no possible way this pregnancy resulted from the 23rd correct? That would just put me farther along and with those numbers, well, they would not be good.

Gosh, I don't even know what I am trying to figure out now. I am so confused. I did take 2 pregnancy test (Answer) on the 8th, and they were negative. The FRE on the 11th and they came out absolutely positive. So it must be really early. (talking to myself here)

My midwife wants me to come in on March 26 for an ultrasound to check on things. This is when we found out I had lost the last baby before. She said I needed to be at least 6 weeks. If I ovulated late, will I still be considered 6 weeks on the 26th? She keeps saying I am 4 weeks. She is going my the date of my last period, the 12th. But if I ovulate late in my cycle, wouldn't that actually make me like 3 weeks now? How does that work? I my guestimation, I am only like 13 DPO. Please help me figure this all out. I can barely wait for this appt but I am scared of what happened last time. Will it be too early to see anything?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
It's quite possible it will be too early to see anything on the u/s then again it might not be. Early pregnancy is funny like that.. same thing with your numbers. Not everyone is the same and no two pregnancies are either. Do not put too much stock in those numbers because there is no real guidelines there. Try to put your faith and trust into your body. Your body knows what it needs to do.
I hope everything goes well for you mama.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I had a miscarriage in Aug. & was pregnant again in Nov. I'm now 20 weeks along. I've been nervous off an all the whole time. I'm not sure I'll be convinced until I see the baby. One thing that made me feel better was how many people came out to me that they had a m/c before and had a healthy baby the next try. m/c are very common and aren't necessarily an indicator of future pregnancies.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
The most important thing about early hcg numbers is that they double every 48 hours. Even still, 15% of pregnancies where the numbers don't double are still fine. Your numbers looks great, and the progesterone is wonderful as well. Good luck!

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss in May.

I'm not a numbers expert, but even to me, they do look good.

I'm not a cycle expert either, but I would say that, unless you had any signs that you ovulated early this cycle, you are right, you probably did ovulate as usual.

All that being said, I know it's hard, but try not to think too much about it. Worrying won't change anything. It's very, very common to have one loss and then go on to have a perfectly healthy pregnancy. My proof of that is sitting in my lap as I type.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gosh, you are all so wonderful! It is hard to think this pregnancy will be a good one. i never expected to have a miscarriage. I had two healthy children in a row. The other thing is, I always wondered how a M/C could be THAT bad. I would here people talk but I just could not associate with them. Boy was I wrong! The pain was often unbearable at times. Even though it was an early M/C. I still remember one time sobbing hard silently in bed, screaming with my mouth open but not letting any sound come out. I didn't want to wake dd and dh. It was awful and I just don't want to go through that again. That's the reason I think I am analyzing this preg to death. I have relaxed since yesterday. I just keep reminding myself this is a different pregnancy. I am not having spotting ect. I can't wait to see the baby on the screen. Here's hoping I will not be too early to see anything.

Thanks ladies!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.