Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LO has had a white tongue since she was 2 weeks old. She's almost 10 weeks old now. It has never spread beyond her tongue. It is pretty thick, sometimes more and sometimes less, but it's never not there. I have tried to wipe it off but it's pretty hard to get in there. A little bit will come off, I guess. It doesn't seem to bother her. Like I said before, it's nowhere else in her mouth. My nipples don't show any signs of thrush, normal color, not itchy/flaky, no breast pain. Neither of us had any antibiotics during or after birth, and I haven't taken any in years, definitely not while I was pregnant with her. Vaginal delivery, unmedicated. I don't have problems with yeast, in fact I have never had a vaginal yeast infection in my life. I remember my son having a white tongue as a baby but don't remember it lasting this long. SHe has started to produce a bit of drool so I thought if it was milk tongue it would be starting to subside, but it hasn't. I tried rubbing it several times a day with a q-tip dipped in diluted grapefruit seed extract (Jay Gordon's method for thrush) and also with a q-tip dipped in baking soda and water (per my midwife for thrush), and neither one got rid of it.<br><br>
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
724 Posts
NAK<br>
sounds more like milk residue to me if no other symptoms are present.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts