Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need all of your opinions. I feel REALLY bad. I am almost completely non-functional. I am nauseous, dizzy, lightheaded, and extremely weak. I know that the nausea and some weakness is normal, but this seems extreme to me. I just called my midwife and she doesn't seem concerned. She said that all my bloodwork came back normal and that it's probably just because I'm nursing a toddler and early pregnancy is hitting me really hard. She told me to really try to get rest, and I told her that I have been doing nothing but rest. My dh has rearranged his schedule so that he's home during the day. He takes care of everything: dd, the house, meals, shopping, etc. I feel so bad that I'm not able to drive, go shopping, take care of my dd, nothing. It's even hard for me to sit here and type this. Please reassure me. Could it really be normal to feel this bad during early pregnancy? Dizzy/lightheaded all the time with no break? Extreme weakness to the point that I can't grocery shop? This has been going on for 2 weeks now. And on top of that I always feel like I need to puke. I had an ultrasound, and the baby's fine and my bloodwork's fine, so what in the heck is going on?

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
This is how I feel during my pregnancies. I still drive and shop, but don't always think it's safe to do so. I feel too badly. Most of my days are spent on the couch or in bed. It's a scary feeling, it really is. When you wonder what's wrong with you that you're this bad.<br><br>
I sleep, on average, 6 hours more per day/night than before pregnancy. And when I am not sleeping, I am reclining because sitting up or standing makes me feel worse. Though I CAN say, a short 10 minute walk in the fresh air every day DOES help.<br><br>
Basically, my life ends when I am pregnant. and while I usually have hyperemesis (this but WITH constant throwing up) I am having a slightly better pregnancy. There's no constant vomitting.<br><br>
I am sure it's because I have better nutrition, lower stress and more rest. Whereas, often second time moms feel much worse than their first pregnancy.<br><br>
Good luck!! Stay hydrated and eat tons of protein and complex carbs.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I'm sorry that you feel bad too, but it is SO good to know that I'm not alone. It IS really scary, and I really feel like I'm dying sometimes. Let's hope that both of us feel better soon!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
There are hundreds of us all over and you'll find SO many here on MDC. Check out the hyperemesis threads too because even though we're not vomitting, we are nearly as bad. Including my being too dehydrated for blood work Friday!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts