Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DS (28 months) tells me all the time "I'm a funny guy!"

At around 20 months he told his first "joke" -- "clown fishie go HAHAHA!"

At around 22 months we were all laying in bed one morning and he farted really loud. Without missing a beat he turned to DH and I and said "Mommy Farted, mommy did it!" and cracked himself up.
(DH and I have never done this by the way, he figured out fart blame game on his own
)

Now he's constantly doing things to try and get a laugh. Last night for example we went to a Halloween party at the pool where we take lessons. He got a goody bag at the end.
I said, "Oh cool, how nice of them to give you a Goody Bag"
DS: Booty Bag!
ME: No honey, it's goody GOOD-Y.
DS: No mommy, it's Halloween, BOO! BOO-TY bag. hahahahha!

He's always doing play on words things like that.
Or putting things (food etc) on his face and trying to make me laugh. And even "playing " me -- like once I was mad at him for something he was pestering me about. He said "Mommy you a beautiful princess" I said "awww honey thank you" he said "now can I have XXX?"

Am I in trouble when he gets older?

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Oh yeah, my dd totally has a sense of humour! Her latest joke: What does a train say on the toilet: chugga chugga POO POO! lol!

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a GREAT one! Thanks for sharing!!!

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
my dd is almost two and she thinks she is very funny. She loves to make jokes and she likes for all of us to joke with her.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
DD's not verbal enough at this point to really crack jokes, but she definitely has a sense of humor anyway. She plays games with me, like yesterday she put her pillow on her head, and said, "dis hat?" then "NOOOOOOO" and cracked up, and then she put it on her butt, and said, "dis didee? (diaper)", and did the same thing over again. That's her idea of a joke.

She also likes to go around "stealing" people's noses and pretending to pop them in her mouth, and then she carries around a bowl and announces that she's giving out "new noses." She thinks this is the height of humor.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
What funny kids! Dd has quite a sense of humor too. She's 2.5y and she loves to things to get a laugh out of us.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Llyra View Post
DD's not verbal enough at this point to really crack jokes, but she definitely has a sense of humor anyway. She plays games with me, like yesterday she put her pillow on her head, and said, "dis hat?" then "NOOOOOOO" and cracked up, and then she put it on her butt, and said, "dis didee? (diaper)", and did the same thing over again. That's her idea of a joke.

She also likes to go around "stealing" people's noses and pretending to pop them in her mouth, and then she carries around a bowl and announces that she's giving out "new noses." She thinks this is the height of humor.
That's hilarious!!!!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
My DD started blowing raspberries on my stomach when she was 11 months old. She clearly intended it as a joke, because she blew one and then looked up at me and whoever else was around and laughed, then blew another, looked up, etc. That surprised me. I didn't expect a sense of humor at that age.

At 17 months she still doesn't talk at all, so no "jokes" here, as yet, but she definitely does things that she finds hysterical and looks around to make sure that everyone sees how funny she is.

·
Registered
829 Posts
My dd's idea of a joke is to talk about our pets or her toys or other things doing human things... sometimes she does this with things she doesn't want to do (e.g., me: "Would you like to take a bath now?" her: "Flower take bath!") or sometimes just to be funny.

·
Registered
211 Posts
my son is 19 months, and loves to joke...he loves to chew on the corner of his "bear" which is his blankie, and often he will offer it to me, and then pull it away skaing his head "NO" and laughing, he knows mommy doesn't chew on bear. He gets a good laugh out of putting things in a way they aren't normally, like bear on the potty or Thomas upside down...and then he laughs uncontrollably. He has also adopted this "fake laugh" He uses it when he just overhears a laugh. Hearing him do that makes me giggle most times.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
If my DD does something that gets a laugh, she'll do it over and over to keep the laughs coming. She has a "funny voice" that sounds like a beast (she uses it mostly to say "I WANT BACON!!", which her dad thinks is hilarious). She also likes to roll play and set up funny scenes - like She's mama and I'm baby and she babies me - she thinks that's super funny.

OP - you ARE in serious trouble - you've got a little prankster on your hands

·
Registered
11,593 Posts
He sounds adorable!

My DD just turned a year old yesterday and already has a BIG sense of humor. She thinks everything her brother does is just side-splittingly hilarious. And for the past week or so, she has been doing this thing where she shakes her head "no" and goes "aink aink" like we do at the dogs, and she just giggles uncontrollably after she does this. She is really a funny kid.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
These stories are so funny.

My daughter started telling jokes recently. She must have heard a knock-knock joke somewhere (she told me Little Bear says that and I let her watch a video full of Little Bear episodes when her cousins were visiting three weeks ago, so maybe that was the source.)

"Knock Knock, who's there? Banana cookie! Ha ha ha ha ha!"

Sometimes, I can get her to wait for ME to say "who's there?", etc.

She has been spinning off and riffing on the form, using her full name (first and middle, then adding her last name after she says or we say "first middle who?") and cracking up like it's SO hilarious.

She has long been fascinated with wordplay, but mostly uses it in the form of questions that show she knows what the real answer is, but is pointing something out by questioning. I can't think of an example, but sort of like asking, "Do socks go on your hands?" or "Do socks go on your ears????" when she obviously knows where they go (and don't go.) She does say stuff like that, but I'm thinking more of true wordplay, similar-sounding words, etc.

Her latest riff is to pull off one shoe, hand it to one of us, and call out "Give me back my slipper!" (We've been reading The Wizard of Oz with her, and she loves it.) Cracks herself up, being "Froggy." (What cracks us up is the fact that she calls the wicked witch "Froggy," to begin with!)

·
Registered
222 Posts
My DS first jokes were rasberries, which started very early. When he got more verbal, he stared joking about nursing everything. "Want daddy's hairy booboos HAHAHAHAHHA" "Chester booboo!" (our kitty) or any variety of things. He thought it was hilarious to discuss nursing all sorts of people/things/animals. Now his favorite joke is to yell "Bok Choi Tacos" at the top of his lungs. For awhile our CSA was sending us nothing but Bok Choi, and I joked one night about making Bok Choi Tacos. He thought it was the most hilarious thing he ever heard, and has been calling out "Bok Choi Tacos for dinner" as a joke for 4 months now. I know there are many other examples, too, but can't think of them right now. I LOVE the toddler sense of humor.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Oh my gosh, kids are so funny aren't they?
My sons first real purposeful joke was when he was just 2, my FIL walked into the room where we were with my MIL. And he kept pointing at grandpa saying -grandpa is grammy!
goof. He didn't use 'is', but you know how kids are. He was trying ot 'fool' me telling me that FIL was MIL.

His father has taught him that hte appropriate hting to say when someone burps is 'Nice burp (person)!. So Nice burp Daddy! etc..

He thinks rasberries, tickling, and wet willies are the absolute height of entertainment.

He also steals noses, eats them, and puts them back.

He thinks it's hysterical to ask to nurse int he daytime, when we haven't nursed during the day for months now. He laughs and pokes my boobs and says 'nurse' in this ridiculous voice, thnks it's so funny.

He pretends to eat things that aren't food, like toy cars and stuff. Or feed me htings that aren't food, like his toes.

Last night he farted super loud, looked shocked, and said 'My Butt!" in the most surprised sounding voice. Then tried to blame it one everyone else in the room.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Oh yeah...the nose stealing thing. My son thinks that is hilarious, too! He also loves making gender jokes, like "daddy is a girl!" or "mommy has a penis!"

·
Premium Member
12,445 Posts
Oh yes, and has for a long time.

Dd blew raspberries at about 15 months, I think.

Just this weekend, we were having a family "discussion" about a stuffed toy. Dh has a stuffed bull (he used to work in the dairy industry) that dd had found. She was calling it a moose, and ds was calling it a cow. Dh interjected and tried to teach them "bull". No go on the first day.

The next day, dd picked it up, looked directly at daddy and said "Moose!" and laughed hysterically. Then dh said (laughing) "no, bull!" (the comma is important), she grinned and said "Cow!"

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, we had another funny tonight.

DS used the potty and I praised him and asked him if he wanted to wear training pants...?

He said "No, I want choo-choo training paints!" and cracked himself up!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts